Anyone going in February, March or April?

Smartcookie

If so, can you do me a big favor?

When you get off the ship in the port area, can you keep an eye out for bicycle rentals? I read in the Guide to Caribbean Ports that there are bicycle rentals at the pier, but I read on these boards that you have to go to the Airport to rent bikes, so I'm confused.

Can anyone who is going in the next few months keep an eye out for me and let me know if they see any bike rentals near the dock?

Thanks so much! :)

I'll be in Grand Turk on 2/8, but won't be returning home until 2/16 because we're doing B2B cruises. I read in another thread there is a place to rent golf carts, but when I emailed the individual, I never received a return email. So, don't know if he doesn't have availability or if just hasn't got my message yet... Perhaps he has some bikes too.

Between myself and Blazer10, perhaps we can get your bike question answered...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Smartcookie,

I looked around the port area for bikes when we were renting our golf cart and didn't see any. As we were driving around, I saw a few people on bikes, so I knew they were available somewhere. At the end of the day, I went to the information desk and asked if bikes could be rented at the port area. I was told there are no bike rentals there, but at the dive shop in the downtown area...which is just a few miles (or less) from the ship.

I don't know how much the bikes cost, but we rented the golf cart for $60 for the entire day. It holds 4 people and protects you from the sun which gets really intense there. You might want to consider that. We rented from Nathan.

we to just came back - have to say this was my favorite island - close you eyes and think caribbean paradise - we saw a few bikes but where told that you could not rent them at the port but in town - the cab drivers are all friendly and would be able to point you in the right direction - we went to bohio resort to spend the day - just perfect - we were the only people on the beach all day -

344688520_cruise2008033.jpg.0434c60732eb52e48da94640e5649b8d.jpg

1688156782_cruise2008042.jpg.c3cbb45ce27a9cf8dbd3830b2a5f9ac3.jpg

it took only 10 minutes to get there - you could spend a couple hours we just gave the taxi driver a time to pick us up and he was there - we originally were going to go to governors but after talking to the people at the port heard the the place to get drinks and chairs shut down - since we were staying the afternoon we decided on bohio - you dont need chairs just bring your towels - we saw alot of fish so if you have your gear I would bring it. - it was a great place!!

Hi, Smartcookie. I was also interested in bike rental on Grand Turk, so was searching the destination board for ideas. I'll be on the 4 day April 27, which I think you're also on. (Your username looks familiar, anyway, from the Roll Call.)

I preliminarily booked the excursion offered by Princess, "Bike, Hike, Swim", but at $60 it's a little pricy for a bike rental. However, since I'd be going alone, I'd rather be with a group than peddling around solo. I always feel a little cautious about that.

The other interesting thing I found, outside the excursions, is a snorkeling and beach bbq at Gibbs Cay. That's $60 each but includes the boat ride to the cay, lunch, and rum punch. However you need 4 people to book it.

Good luck finding a bike. I'll bet the island is beautiful, and can't wait to see it!

it took only 10 minutes to get there - you could spend a couple hours we just gave the taxi driver a time to pick us up and he was there - we originally were going to go to governors but after talking to the people at the port heard the the place to get drinks and chairs shut down - since we were staying the afternoon we decided on bohio - you dont need chairs just bring your towels - we saw alot of fish so if you have your gear I would bring it. - it was a great place!!

We were just at Governor's Beach a few weeks ago and bought drinks from the concession stand and they had chairs and floats all along the beach. We didn't pay anything for the chairs or floats. Perhaps they were left over from others use, but we were never approached about renting these. About 4:30, someone came up to us and asked if we were done using them yet and they started to gather them up for the day.

Maybe the person you spoke with gets a commission to send people to Bohio?

Archived