Old Mazatlán : Compiled Info : Sightseeing, Maps & Getting Around on your own

WarmWaters

Hello: I am hoping that you still check this thread. I am impressed by all the info that you have gotten together for Mazatlan. I have a question for you....Would a person be able to use a mobility scooter on the walk that you describe? My husband can't possibly walk very far...but I can! If anyone else knows the answer to my question....please get back with me.

/QUOTE]

I would NOT advise anyone in a scooter or wheelchair to attempt a pedestrian tour of any city in Mexico. The sidewalks are NOT like the even, smooth, wide facilities that are normal in the US or Canada. The elevations change frequently. They are usually narrow. There are frequent instances of missing utility covers that someone with normal mobility needs to watch out for (or, risk breaking your ankle/leg). Telephone poles are right in the middle. There are no ramps, in most cases.

Your best bet is to use one of the many cabs or pullmonias for a private tour.

• 1 year later...
Does anyone have a link to a current map showing the "new" cruise terminal in Mazatlan? From what I could tell it seems like it is just closer to where the shopping area is and you don't need those trolleys anymore. Anybody been there recently and know??

Just got off the Mariner this morning. In Mazatlan, we had to take the "Free and compulsory" transportation from the Mariner to the cruise terminal. The area is an active shipping terminal, and they don't really want the tourists to get run over by the machinery or have a cargo container dropped on them.

Does anyone have a link to a current map showing the "new" cruise terminal in Mazatlan? From what I could tell it seems like it is just closer to where the shopping area is and you don't need those trolleys anymore. Anybody been there recently and know??

Not aware of any "new" cruise terminal in Mazatlan. I was there in February and was the same terminal as years past. Where are you getting info on a "new" cruise terminal? Can't imagine you don't have to take the little "train" to the terminal from the ship.

• 2 months later...

Archived