Blowing Off Formal Night - Where Do We Eat?

Joedog

It must be nice to go through life with tunnel vision, blissfully unaware and uncaring of those around you.

Blissfully unware is true. I plan on spending time with my table mates talking about the events of the day and enjoying their friendship and company.

I could careless if some person three tabes down is wearing jeans. It would not effect my experience in the least bit.

Well it doesn't. If I'm blind.

If you have the expectation set that you are going to be dining in an ambience where people are dressed formally, and then the reality is the opposite, it can be disappointing. It must be nice to go through life with tunnel vision, blissfully unaware and uncaring of those around you.

When I go to the dining room for dinner, I'm there for dinner and to converse with friends and family who are cruising with me. I really don't give two hoots at all about what everyone else is doing, eating, drinking, or how they're dressed up. And I'm assuming just about everyone else there is doing the same thing. We're there to have a nice time on vacation; we're not there to judge others.

There's this fictional fantasy "Fashion Critic" segment that continues to exist on these boards; where some people slobber all over themselves having you believe that the whole frigging ship will sink like the Titanic if you're not dressed to the 9's come formal night. In reality, it's anything but. Fresh off my second cruise on the Triumph, and while I saw lots of formal wear during the formal nights; I also saw blue jeans and shorts and t-shirts .... and lots of people who didn't care at all about it.

It is what it is.

When I go to the dining room for dinner, I'm there for dinner and to converse with friends and family who are cruising with me. I really don't give two hoots at all about what everyone else is doing, eating, drinking, or how they're dressed up. And I'm assuming just about everyone else there is doing the same thing. We're there to have a nice time on vacation; we're not there to judge others.

There's this fictional fantasy "Fashion Critic" segment that continues to exist on these boards; where some people slobber all over themselves having you believe that the whole frigging ship will sink like the Titanic if you're not dressed to the 9's come formal night. In reality, it's anything but. Fresh off my second cruise on the Triumph, and while I saw lots of formal wear during the formal nights; I also saw blue jeans and shorts and t-shirts .... and lots of people who didn't care at all about it.

It is what it is.

Sadly, you're right.

while I saw lots of formal wear during the formal nights; I also saw blue jeans and shorts and t-shirts .... and lots of people who didn't care at all about it.

It is what it is.

Like I said in my earlier post, I think it comes down to respect for others.....

If you dont give a **** what other people think, you'll do your own thing and ignore guidelines and rules and 'requirements".

If you are sensitive to the people who want a special experience on "formal night" you will try to dress appropriately, if not for yourself, than for others.

There will always be those that will just do their own thing, no matter what other people think.

As you said. 'It is what it is"

Eat in the dining room. Formal nights are done, finished, kaput. We had Elegant night on the Freedom, maybe 1/2 the people were in tuxes or dark suits. Saw men in golf shirts it's all good. On non-elegant nights we had people in hats, tee shirts, jeans, shorts in the DR. Best cruise ever. Carnival finally came to their senses in allowing people to dress comfortably.

Eat in the dining room. Formal nights are done, finished, kaput. We had Elegant night on the Freedom, maybe 1/2 the people were in tuxes or dark suits. Saw men in golf shirts it's all good. On non-elegant nights we had people in hats, tee shirts, jeans, shorts in the DR. Best cruise ever. Carnival finally came to their senses in allowing people to dress comfortably.

i didnt know they changed the name to elegant night.

Well it doesn't. If I'm blind.

If you have the expectation set that you are going to be dining in an ambience where people are dressed formally, and then the reality is the opposite, it can be disappointing. It must be nice to go through life with tunnel vision, blissfully unaware and uncaring of those around you.

Just for you I think Ill wear a wife beater and cut off jean shorts for formal night!:rolleyes: :eek:

Archived