Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

josephml1

Your favorite food on NCL

haha i actually just really like the caesar salads they have all the nights. and i love that rich chocolate cake. sometimes they have some cold soups that are also really good. oh and also the chicken nuggets that are put out there for the kids =] hahaha

• Escargot and chocolate fondue in Le Bistro.
  • Cold soups (found almost everywhere)
  • Bread Pudding with the most delicious, decadent vanilla sauce in the buffet (uh, oh, does this mean that I'm boring ! :eek: )

Y'all did it -- I was craving sausage gravy and biscuits and made some for lunch. YUM! Cholesterol counts are rising all across the continent as a result of this thread. :D

I second the chilled fruit soups. Also, the Beef Wellington and the chocolate capuccino brulee in the main dining rooms and the chicken wings at the Blue Lagoon.

Y'all did it -- I was craving sausage gravy and biscuits and made some for lunch. YUM! Cholesterol counts are rising all across the continent as a result of this thread. :D

I made a huge vat of it this morning because my son had a sleepover, so we had extra teenaged boys to feed. Good ol' biscuits and glue fills them up.:)

the best was the duck and the chocolat souffle at Le Bistrot !!!

we also like the pasta at the buffet and the fajitas at tequila (gem)

and we were very disapointed about the pasta at the italian resto! (they were better at the buffet)

and at the main dinning room the beef wellintong and tempura vegtabel was very nice !

I have to say that all the dessert on NCL was poor ! except the chocolat souffle ! It's was very disapointed ! they seems very good but the taste it's so so ! I recommanded ice cream or sorbet !

and we were very disapointed about the pasta at the italian resto! (they were better at the buffet)

and at the main dinning room the beef wellintong and tempura vegtabel was very nice !

I have to say that all the dessert on NCL was poor ! except the chocolat souffle ! It's was very disapointed ! they seems very good but the taste it's so so ! I recommanded ice cream or sorbet !

There was one I really enjoyed: coconut souffle on the Star.

Nita

Nita

Nita

Oh my goodness yes!! It's in one of my food pics... but I took a picture of my daughter's, which wasn't cut with the sauce poured in. I had a little taste and had to order my own. It was nothing short of delectable!

Glad everyone enjoyed the pics!! I wish I'd remembered my camera for every meal; some of the otehr things we got were really beautifully presented - not to mention yummy!

I loved the escargot at Le Bistro, also loved the caesar salads at the buffet, and the bread, and the prime rib, and the ....... Lets just say everything, what the heck, I was on vacation!

Cold soups

The cold soups are one of the things that I have never tried. Everyone always raves about them. For some reason, cold soup sounds so strange to me. I may have to try them!

Totally off topic here, Marie, but why do you end every sentence with an exclamation point? I've noticed this in all your posts. I feel like I'm being yelled at... :o

Totally off topic here, Marie, but why do you end every sentence with an exclamation point? I've noticed this in all your posts. I feel like I'm being yelled at... :o

There is a lot of exclamation points, I will agree but exclamation points are not a sing that someone is yelling at you, it's simply means that they put a lot of expression in the way they would say it. Sure, if someone is telling you you are a (insert a bad word) person, then the exclation point probably means they are yelling but if it's after a sentence like That meal was very nice, I don't think they are yelling, they just emphasis the very nice part.

Writting in all Capitalized letters is considered ''YELLING'' but I use it sometimes just to emphasis a word and I hope people understand that I don't intend to yell at them.

That was just my humble opinion, the way I view punctuation, nothing more.

Does anyone remeber the Menu on the Blue Lagoon "NCL Spirit"?

I think all Blue Lagoons serve about the same: comfort food, like great hamburgers, buffalo wings, soup, great fish and chips, small salads. The menu is very limited but it is a great place to go for a quick meal. We have used it for lunch and for late night snacks.

Nita

On Norwegian Dawn : Roast Duck followed by Banana Spring Rolls for dessert in Bamboo :D

LeBistro - specialty bread - thought I'd died and gone to Heaven (asked for seconds) :o Best meal - major hard question - loved the Duck L'Orange - cooked to perfection. Teppenyaki - fantastic - Shogun - can not say enough about how wonderful the banana fritters were. Now I'm hungry ! :) I forgot, the 40 garlic alfredo

M

I don't remember where it was offered, but last March we had a carmelized onion and goat cheese tart appetizer that was fabulous. We love the cold soups also, and the creme brulee.

The now defunct chocolate fondue at LeBistro. It was special :(

snorklin' barb was on the Gem a couple of weeks ago and said the Gem has Chocolate Fondue in plentyful supply. I'll be on Gem end of March and I will report back if Gem still has the Chocolate Fondue. It is certainly one of my favorites.

snorklin' barb was on the Gem a couple of weeks ago and said the Gem has Chocolate Fondue in plentyful supply. I'll be on Gem end of March and I will report back if Gem still has the Chocolate Fondue. It is certainly one of my favorites.

Not from what I've read from recent Jewel reviews, but it will be a nice suprise if it's there :)

Chilled fruit soups. OMG. I just love them and have to have them everyday!!!!! LOL (I sometimes order 2 of them.)