Half Moon Cay Cabanas!

mikil321

Thanks, JonsMom. Why won't we need the vests? Is the water not deep at all?

Salt water is very bouyant (sp?) so even my 6'4 250 lb son doesn't sink. We were worried about our 10 year old girls not having vests when we took them snorkeling the first time, but they were out there 1 1/2 hours and never tired! Very easy swimming.:o

• 3 weeks later...
We didnt get to tender off first. I dont know why. I can tell you this ,we had to fight people off all day, even though there are signs that say they are private. We took some string with us to rope off the deck. But we had people take the string down and literally say I just want to use the shower. Maybe I'm just too anal but it really bugged me that I had to keep an eye on the cabana at all times. I feel like the ship should have a better grip on this. $200 is not a small amount of money. People would try and take the floats off the deck. However all that being said I'd rent one again.

I rented the torquoise cabana so I could be close to the buffet, then I read about people not realizing the cabanas are rented. I didn't want to have to spend he day "defending" my territory, so I got the butler package because I've been told they are very good at keeping people from using your cabana and shower.

• 3 weeks later...

The Private Oasis perches on a point, partially over water, so you can enjoy your private gathering in a luxurious setting, highlighted by an easy walkway into the warm turquoise waters. The Private Oasis offers a total of 1,620 square feet and includes a large covered deck and comfortable sun deck with eight-person hot tub. Features include an indoor teak dining table seating six people, outdoor teak lounges and bar stools accommodating 12, barbecue area, full wet bar and refrigerator, massage table, iPod music system, multi-colored Bahamian tapestries, men's and women's changing rooms, indoor and outdoor showers with heated fresh water, 100-foot walkway with misting stations and privacy gate.

Your Palm Package menu throughout the day will include the services of a butler, personal chef, and lifeguard along with the following:

-Fresh Fruit, Danish, Chips & Salsa from 1000-1400

-Beverage Package with Soft Drinks, Bottled Water, Juices, Domestic and Imported Beers, House Pouring Wine by the Glass (Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, White Zinfandel, Pinot Grigio, Merlot, Sparkling Wine), Island Cocktails (Cuban Mojito, Beach Cruiser, Rum Runner), Frozen Tropical Classics (Pina Colada, Strawberry Daiquiri, BBC, Banana Colada, Cappuccino Colada, Margarita), Mocktails (Cool as a Cucumber, Pina not a Colada, Margarita Breeze, Tropical Delight) from 1000-1500

-BBQ lunch buffet with Assorted Salads, Fruit Salad, Grilled Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Fresh Teriyaki glazed Mahi Mahi, Barbequed Pork Spare Ribs and Barbequed Chicken, Brownies & Cookies from 1130-1300

Archived