Cruise Critic Community
gigi georgia

Room Service tip

We have taken 2 cruises and have prepaid our tips each time. We've never used room service.

We are going on the Inspiration in the Spring. How does room service tipping work when you've already prepaid tip? We've never used room service because I wasn't sure how it worked. Do they add a 15% tip on top of the prepaid tip for room service? :confused: 15% of WHAT? We do not drink alcohol, and we purchase a coke card.

The personnel deliviering room service do NOT participate in the auto tips. I usually give a about $2/meal we request.

If you order room service, you are expected to tip the person who brings it in cash. Usually $1-2 for something like coffee, maybe $5 if you order a large meal.

Your delivery person is part of the kitchen staff- not the wait staff! Tip at time of delivery based on how much they have to carry to you!

Agree with Krazy. For coffee service I give $1. A full meal I'd prob'ly give $5 but haven't ordered more than coffee/dessert.

It's a judgement call. Simple orders, simple tip. Bigger or more complex, bigger tip.

We always carry a lot of $1.00 bills just for tipping for room service, luggage, tours, etc. It's nice just to have the ones handy!

We have taken 2 cruises and have prepaid our tips each time. We've never used room service.

We are going on the Inspiration in the Spring. How does room service tipping work when you've already prepaid tip? We've never used room service because I wasn't sure how it worked. Do they add a 15% tip on top of the prepaid tip for room service? :confused: 15% of WHAT? We do not drink alcohol, and we purchase a coke card.

Room service is free (except sodas and alcohol), so there is nothing to add the 15% tip to. We just tip the delivery guy $1-$5 depending on what they're bringing. Also, you can't use your soda card for room service sodas.