Century - would you switch from Continental deck to Sports Deck?

the2006Junket

Hi,

We're booked on the Century for a 4 night out of Miami on 4/24/08. X has just dropped prices on many cabin categories. For the same rate that I was paying for an Inside, Cat. 11 cabin on the Continental Deck -- #4054, I could now move to a Cat. 9 on the Sports Deck -- 1124, 1119 or 1125 and a few cabins on the Penthouse Deck.

What would you do? Any factors to consider before making this change? Would noise or foot traffic be an issue on either deck?

Many thanks,

Lynne

Hi,

We're booked on the Century for a 4 night out of Miami on 4/24/08. X has just dropped prices on many cabin categories. For the same rate that I was paying for an Inside, Cat. 11 cabin on the Continental Deck -- #4054, I could now move to a Cat. 9 on the Sports Deck -- 1124, 1119 or 1125 and a few cabins on the Penthouse Deck.

What would you do? Any factors to consider before making this change? Would noise or foot traffic be an issue on either deck?

Many thanks,

Lynne

All of the cabins you have mentioned are on the Penthouse Deck. Depends whether you mind being all the way aft with the engine vibrations.

We were on the 2/23-28 Century 5 day cruise. Our cabins were on deck 9 and everyone was very satisfied...no complaints whatsoever. One odd experience occurred during our cruise though and wanted to pass it along for whatever it is worth. We were exiting the ship late to go zip-lining in Jamaica and cut through deck 4. There was a horrific smell in the portside corridor (40__) area that caused us to gag, cover our noses and run as fast as we could. Horrible. Later we heard 3rd hand that a kitchen pipe had backed up and burst and it was filled with meat, etc etc etc. Awful. We just didn't know how anyone could even bear to walk down the corridor, let alone stay in a room close to the odor.

We try and select cabins that are sandwiched between other decks, and not near elevators and employee hallways. It's quieter. Our deck 9 rooms were absolutely quiet.

Archived