Insignia Rio to Barcelona

Rehojoe

We're excited about the March 10 trans-Atlantic sailing of the Insignia. If there are other "family" members on board, would you like to meet for drinks on Tuesday? My partner and I -- from Silver Spring, MD (and Rehoboth Beach, DE) -- are traveling with two friends from Ft. Lauderdale, and we are always up for some conviviality!

Hi Rojojoe,

My partner and I will be aboard as well, our first time on Oceania. We are currently in Buenos Aires and will arrive in Rio on March 7. When do you arrive? It would be fun to meet up for a drink sometime soon after we board. We are in cabin 8032.

Henry

Hi Henry,

Great to hear from you! Hope you're having fun in Buenos Aires. We arrive in Rio early on Saturday morning on a flight from Atlanta. We're staying at the Sheraton on Leblon.

Why don't we plan on having drinks at the Horizon Lounge on the Insignia on Tuesday at 7.

This is our second Oceania cruise, and that's the spot where we rendezvoused with the gang last time.

I think you'll like the Oceania line; we have found it quite nice, especially compared to some of the bigger ships, which can be a little too overwhelming.

Joe (and Rick)

Hi Joe,

Tuesday at in the Horizon Lounge sounds great.

I look forward to Oceania but from a slightly different perspective as their ships are larger than the ones we usually sail on. it will be interesting to see the difference.

Hope you have a safe flight to Rio and enjoy your time there.

Henry

Hi Henry: The momentum is building!

Would 6 or 6:30 be better for drinks? My partner suggested that 7 might be a little late. We don't know what the dinner rush hour might be like on this ship.

BTW, have you done a South Atlantic crossing? We're wondering how to pack? Will it be chllly in the evenings?

We're looking forward to hearing about your time in Buenos Aires. We've heard lots of good things about it.

Joe (and Rick)

Hi Joe and Rick,

I have done a couple of South Atlantic crossings, from Europe to Fort Lauderdale and from the Carribean to Europr. One was in April and we had fairly mild weather and the other was just this past November where we had fabulous weather. But it's all so unpredictable. I packed for warm weather, lots of short sleeve shirts, even for the evenings. If it gets cold I'll pull a blanket around me. You won't mind, will you?

6:30 seems fine for drinks. We don't like to eat too early so that should give us plenty of time.

6:30 it is! As for evening wear: Oceania touts "country club casual" attire, so as long as your blankie is Ralph Lauren, I think it will be fine! :) See ya on the Insignia!

Joe (and Rick)

Archived