Hurricane Jeanne Information

CruiseFever

mafig,

That's all good advice, but it's a little late now! :D Just kidding. Before moving down here, I lived on the Gulf coast. So, unfortunately, I have been through more hurricanes than I care to remember. Many years ago, I made up my own check list of things to get and things to do before the storm, things to do after the storm, and even a don't forget to do list. Let's just hope I haven't left anything off!

Seriously, folks, you just don't know how much it helps to have this board going. I just hope that the electricity holds out for awhile longer.

[QUOTE]Well a surfer made the coast guard angry!! He is missing, and they have to go out in this to find him!!! :eek:
[/QUOTE]If the fool wants to endanger himself that's fine... they shouldn't even bother to look for him.
It is sad the rescuers have to risk their life for someone who qualifies as a Darwin Award candidate!

Hey Sue - sounds good to me but I don't normal happen to be awake by 7am in the morning !!! Ah - retired life is great - especially when you get to retire as early as we did - yeah! Boy is it getting really nasty here now - winds are up to 90mph and they are telling us we will be getting up to 155 mph winds - it is getting really scary here - this is worse than Frances - although 3 days of Frances and howling winds was enough for my lifetime! Water mains just burst so who knows when or if we will get water back - phones still working at the moment - power keeps coming and going.

More later as long as the cable is on...........pray people!

[COLOR=Purple]wow cindie...have you dubbed me an alcoholic since I had a drink before noon? Uhoh....the good thing is we can't leave our house (nowhere to go) so I won't be drinking and driving! :)

As for the surfer? Let him drown! I'm sorry, but I have no patience for stupidity, plus I thought they were warned there would be no lifeguards out because the beaches were closed today! If you're going to be an idiot and surf during a major hurricane, you should pay the consequences.

Heard that 17,000 are without power in Broward, 5,600 in Dade.

Jemingway..come on over, we're not far from ya, I live in Fox Run. Lights and ac (70) are going strong and the bailey's and red wine are flowing...(not mixing mind ya) I even let my daughter have some hypnotic (don't tell on me!)

The liquor cabinet hasn't seen this much action since...since...since the last damn hurricane 3 weeks ago! [/COLOR]

[size=2]Best to all of you. We have friends in Vero Beach that we visit. Actually I think they have headed north this time.

Just heard our utility company has trucks headed your way. About the drinking-- it's 4:00 somewhere. We are really thankfull about all the info we recieve from you. Stay safe, you are in our prayers.

[/size]

[quote name='Salty Dawg']If the fool wants to endanger himself that's fine... they shouldn't even bother to look for him.
It is sad the rescuers have to risk their life for someone who qualifies as a Darwin Award candidate![/QUOTE]

My husband is very active in Search and Rescue and in Swiftwater Rescue here in our county. I cannot tell you how many times he has been called out to rescue drunk hunters or hikers or teenagers who think they are smarter and stronger than God. And believe me it is no fun tromping in the snowy woods looking for a drunk guy with a loaded rifle who thought he would be fine to go hunting in a blizzard.

It [COLOR=Red]is[/COLOR] Darwin in action and my DH is messing up the entire process of natural selection by saving these morons!! :D

Just checking in - have been away all day. My 14 year old Volvo decided today was the best day for stranding me at Sam's. While a hurricane is approaching! AAA took 3 hours to get to me and deposit my car at the repair shop to wait til after the storm for assessment. Already this has been a he** of a day, and the storm isn't even here yet. The good news is that they are predicting it to be a TS by the time it gets here. I figure similar to Frances -- which was plenty bad and scary, but not a hurricane. And the rest of the good news is that I managed to get the realestate deal together that I've been working on for 2 weeks! Closing is set for first week of Oct. Yeah!! 4 closing between now & end of October -- we can cruise again!! :D

Y'all take care further south!!

Gloria..I was in your neck of the woods today.....Thursday DH's Mini Cooper decided it didn't want to start..we had it towed to the Tom Bush MINI dealership.....they fixed her up on Friday and left it for us to get today since they are only open during the weekdays. We hit a few places in OP and Jax and then came home to get the rest of our hurricane preps done

What is it with cars deciding to act up when a hurricane is coming?

Weird thing...yesterday they said Putnam and Clay counties would have inland hurricane wind warnings......today they said Putnam and Marion....bad for me...good for you!

Stay safe!

Archived