matching prices

GOODIES

I am booked on carnival inspiration i have not made my final payment i was surfing the web and i got a quote on the same sailing with the same category and they are appx $ 100.00 less for this cruise what is carnival policy look forward to hearing from you

Who did you book through? If it was CCL they do not honor lower prices, but if you are before final payment you can transfer your booking to the agency with the lower price...be sure everything is included in the lower price before you change.

I would question the agency if that includes everything, as agencies are not allowed to advertise lower prices... they can give you a lower quote if they reduce their commission, but they cannot advertise it. Red flags would pop up if I saw an advertised price that much lower. I would check with Carnival to see if the price you paid is more than the going rate...

As for price matching, this is their policy:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/Static_Templates/Best_Price_Guarantee_hm2.aspx?wt.mc_id=HmpgBestPriceGuarHM81707

As you can see from their policy, they state they will match any "advertised" price, not a quote. This is because they do not allow advertising lower prices, but they do allow an a agency to discount...they just can't "advertise" the discount. I would also ask the agency if they honor price drops and if they have any change or cancellaton fees.

the price is from an online agent it states includes all fee taxes and fuel charge i would rather stay with my booking through carnival let them give me a on board credit

the price is from an online agent it states includes all fee taxes and fuel charge i would rather stay with my booking through carnival let them give me a on board credit

Then I would recommend calling CCL for the answer. If the price on CCL's website goes down you could get credit, but they won't honor someone elses price. It's worth a try...they are the only one's that can really answer the question you are asking.

Archived