Roll Call: Avalon Artistry 6/26

mytravels

• 2 months later...

:)We're on this cruise - in our 60s from California (formerly from the east coast) along with our friends, same age but from NY. This is the first posting I have seen for this cruise and I have been on this site for several hours today. When are you arriving in Prague and what are your plans there?

It is great to learn that you are on the same cruise. For a long time, nobody responded to this posting. My wife and I are traveling with my sister and brother in law. We are all from the Chicago area and this will be our first river cruise. I am the oldest at 61. We are arriving in Prague late on 6/25. We have scheduled several extra days in Budapest and depart on 7/8. Right now we have not made any specific plans for either city, but are looking at messages from experienced river boat cruisers. How about you? Is this your first river cruise? What are your travel dates? Are you extending the trip in Budapest? Hopefully, we will get to meet you in Prague or on the boat. Look forward to hearing further about your plans. :)

Glad to hear from you. We will be leaving CA on 6/25 and arriving Prague around 6pm on 6/26. It is also our first river cruise. We have done a few other cruises, Alaska, the Baltic and the Greek Isles and Istanbul. We are not extending our stay in Budapest since we have been there before but I wish we had planned to arrive in Prague a day or 2 sooner now that I know more about the city. Our friends, who live in NY, will be coming from a conference in Berlin - I think they will be arriving before we do. I am in the process of looking into some private touring in Prague, both of the Jewish quarter and of Terezin. Avalon does both of these as optional tours but I would prefer a smaller group if it is reasonable. If you are interested in either of these I could check on prices for 8 as well as 4 people. We have also been to Satzburg so I think I will try to see about a tour of Cesky Krumlov (suggested by several on cruise critic) the day Avalon does the optional trip to Salzburg. Let me know if you might be interested.

We are in Prague just after you for a self tour before we catch Avalon Artistry tout in Budapest on July 4th. I arranged for a tour guide from Personal Prague Guide based on a recommendation in the LA Times. I also saw that Rick Steves' recommends them. You might check them out as a possibility for your tour guide. They seem very responsive and informative in our e-mail exchanges.

Web site is at:

http://www.prague-guide.info/

I also arranged transportation from the airport to our hotel through them.

We just got back from our two week Magnificent Europe cruise on the Artistry ... fantastic ship ... great crew ... after I get over the jet lag I will be posting a review of our trip and the ship on the forum ... under the 4/26/08 Artistry Magnificent Europe (or something of that sort) ... you will enjoy the trip ... hope Lazslo will be on board to provide music for your dancing pleasure ... we have nothing bad at all to say about the ship or the crew ... rooms were excellent ... food fantastic ...

Glad to hear from you. We will be leaving CA on 6/25 and arriving Prague around 6pm on 6/26. It is also our first river cruise. We have done a few other cruises, Alaska, the Baltic and the Greek Isles and Istanbul. We are not extending our stay in Budapest since we have been there before but I wish we had planned to arrive in Prague a day or 2 sooner now that I know more about the city. Our friends, who live in NY, will be coming from a conference in Berlin - I think they will be arriving before we do. I am in the process of looking into some private touring in Prague, both of the Jewish quarter and of Terezin. Avalon does both of these as optional tours but I would prefer a smaller group if it is reasonable. If you are interested in either of these I could check on prices for 8 as well as 4 people. We have also been to Satzburg so I think I will try to see about a tour of Cesky Krumlov (suggested by several on cruise critic) the day Avalon does the optional trip to Salzburg. Let me know if you might be interested.

Traveljunky - We would be interested in a tour of the Jewish quarter and several of us may be interested in Terezin as well. If you would like to check into a private tour, that would be great. We will be going on the Salzburg tour as none of us have been there before. Thanks.

:) Hi Mytravels

My travel agent recently returned from a trip to Prague and used a tour guide who she highly recommended. I have contacted her and have prices for 4 people - the tour of the Jewish quarter would be a 4 hour walkig tour, the one to Terezin requires hiring a car (which she will do) and would be about 5 hours. I will need to ask her about the additional $ for more people so I need to know how many people we are talking about for each tour. I am guessing that we would need a mini-van once there are more people. You can contact me at my e-mail address of gailbbowers@gmail.com

Looking forward to hearing from you

Traveljunky

Archived