How about this for a Captain's Club perk?

DrKoob

With the announcement of the upcoming Equinox schedule, it looks like X will allow Captain's Club members to book Equinox for a week (or a little more) before the general public can.

I would love to see this as a perk all the time. And it wouldn't cost X a single cent. Let us Captain's Club members have first choice of bookings when new cruises are announced. Give us a two week window when we can book. Even before TAs can grab all the aft cabins.

What say you Cruise Critics? Wouldn't this be an easy and very cool perk for Captain's Club members?

Hi Everyone !

It is an excellent idea, but it has already been established since Solstice did it a while ago. Many of us (myself included) suggested this to Celebrity a long time ago. At least Celebrity listened to us.

We already have a conversation going on, about this here :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=727190

Host Andy, aren't they suggesting that Caption's Club members get a booking block before the schedules are posted for all ships all the time?

The only problem I'd see with that is one sailing on Royal or Celebrity and you've got this perk.:)

That's the way I read it and I think it's a good idea. If the new shecules are released on April 20, for instance, let Captain's Club book on the 10th. Of course, only the most devoted cruisers would even knw the dates the new cycle goes on sale so we might just be "competing" with the same people for those bookings anyway.

Host Andy, aren't they suggesting that Caption's Club members get a booking block before the schedules are posted for all ships all the time?

The only problem I'd see with that is one sailing on Royal or Celebrity and you've got this perk.:)

Hi TRadle !

I do not believe they are suggesting a booking block for all ships all the time. At this point, the 1 week advance booking benefit is only for the introduction of new ships. They did it for Solstice, and now they are doing it for Equinox.

However, I feel it would be a great idea and benefit for all ships to be included in some sort of an advance booking window each year. It would cost Celebrity virtually nothing, would be a great benefit, and would deliver the message that loyalty does matter.

My original idea was for a 1 week window for all Celebrity bookings. However, as Schplinsky noted, if Celebrity offered this perk, 1 Cruise on Royal or Celebrity or Azamara, and you would be entitled. With the huge # of Captains Club Members, that probably would not work.

Here is my revised idea, which adds benefits for Celebrity's most loyal passengers :

Elite Members : Allowed to book 3 weeks before the public

Select Members : Allowed to book 2 weeks before the public

Classic Members : Allowed to book 1 week before the public

Note : If Celebrity ever adds the rumored new level above Elite, they would have a 4 week window. If my proposed window is too large for Celebrity, the amount of time could be adjusted accordingly. Example : 2 weeks for Elite, 1 week for Select, 3 days for Classic.

Granted, a lot of people qualify. But the good thing would be that Travel Agents who buy up blocks of the good cabins would get second picking after captain's club members. And those of us who deal with smaller agencies or book our own will now have a fighting chance of getting our desired special cabin.

I wrote to Celebrity and suggested that the first two weeks after a new bookings are announced, the bookings be open only to Captain's Club members with a maximum number of cabins that they can book - (prevents a travel agent from sneaking in under a captain's club membership). That way, they can still announce the schedules on an itinerary by itinerary basis instead of having to announce all the itineraries at once.

Andy,

I love the idea of different levels of the club getting earlier and earlier bookings. This is a superb idea that would cost X absolutely nothing and not even been hard to implement. When you buy (or you TA does) you just have to give them your CC number. That's all there is to it. I am so tired of the big travel agencies grabbing the aft cabins.

Jim

I believe this approach could be applied to other things as well, such as shore excursions. It probably wouldn't make much 'real world' difference, all things considered, but it would give perceived value to club members, even if they never actually beat anybody else out of an excursion booking.

Club members are already allowed to book with Ocean Liners alternative restaurant pre-cruise, unlike new cruisers, right?

Richard.

Archived