Can my 20 year old drink?

We are leaving on Adventure of the Seas this Sunday. We will be traveling as a family with my 20 and 23 year old daughters. How difficult will it be for my 20 year old to drink? Will it be a problem? How is it accomplished? Any info will be appreciated.

He will have to show his Sea Pass when paying for a drink, the SeaPass will be plainly marked by an extra hole or 2 and possibly a different looking background than the plain white that the of-age folks get, which tips staff off that he is underaged, and they are very strict.

We are leaving on Adventure of the Seas this Sunday. We will be traveling as a family with my 20 and 23 year old daughters. How difficult will it be for my 20 year old to drink? Will it be a problem? How is it accomplished? Any info will be appreciated.

I usually use my mouth, but if I get bored of this I can always snort it up my nose:D :D :rolleyes:

RCCL's policy:

ALCOHOL POLICY

Effective as of all sailings commencing on or after July 28, 2006, the minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on all Royal Caribbean International ships is 21.

Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy.

Totally understand the rules and would never encourage my kids to break them.

However, my 2 boys will be 18 in a couple of years time and at that age they can legally drink in this country. I can imagine that it would be quite frrustrating for them if they were to cruise with us 2 years later and yet not be able to have a beer.

I don't drink much (a glass of wine at dinner) but I wouldn't like if it someone said I couldn't, when I can without a problem at home.

If I read this post correctly, the OP has DAUGHTERS, not sons. So why does everybody reply as if it's for a boy?:rolleyes: Just curious..

:cool: Keep older sis handy, and don't let young sis over do it:cool:

The short answer is no. She will not be allowed to order alcoholic drinks on the ship. If you want to party it up with her at some of the ports, go for it. I'd be very cautious about supplying drinks for her on the ship. Most likely, nothing would go wrong, but if she were to get drunk and get into some kind of trouble, I think they would put you off the ship in a heartbeat for supplying alcohol to an underage passenger. So, if you do it, be 100% sure that she's not going to get into any trouble. :)

I used my parents card or my brothers for my liquor when I was 20, in 99 it was 18 to drink I was 19, in 2001 I was 20 and they moved it to 21. But I just used another's card, no problems.

I absolutely am the parent! What do you do when your child is 1 month short of their 21st birthday....we all want to have fun and yes, that includes drinking. So she is old enough to go to school full time and work full time, but not old enough to have a couple of drinks on her 1ST spring break vacation? Get real.

I absolutely am the parent! What do you do when your child is 1 month short of their 21st birthday....we all want to have fun and yes, that includes drinking. So she is old enough to go to school full time and work full time, but not old enough to have a couple of drinks on her 1ST spring break vacation? Get real.

I am real, if she is old enough to go to school fulltime and work fulltime she should be old enough to understand the law. As a parent, I would not be trying to find out how my child can drink on a cruise when they aren't legal, plain and simple.

I am real, if she is old enough to go to school fulltime and work fulltime she should be old enough to understand the law. As a parent, I would not be trying to find out how my child can drink on a cruise when they aren't legal, plain and simple.

Well if what Makingold has posted is true it isn't that plain & simple. If in America it is ok for the mother to purchase alcohol for the daughter to consume at home, why can't she purchase it for her on board. Particularly when in International waters where US law does not apply.

Lawrence

Sorry,but your 20 year cant drink on the ship till she is 21.........we can go and forth saying why she should be allowed..........but its RCCL's rules...........play by them or dont go(wait till she's 21)......

I wouldnt think denying her is going to ruin her vacation,..........at least I hope it wouldnt!:eek:

You just need to order a round for everyone. They will not id them

We recently sailed Freedom. We travelled with our grandkids aged 18 and 20. There was a lot of RCI security monitoring the bars and checking on young people. Our granddaughter had a non alcoholic froo froo drink, but the security checked with the bartender to verify it.

At dinner we had no problem with our grandson having a glass of wine, especially when he was wearing his Army dress uniform.

As a reminder, here is the original post, since some members seem to have forgotten the question. The OP is not looking for a discussion about whether the drinking age is appropriate, what effect raising or lowering the drinking age has on traffic accidents, or if he/she is a good or bad parent. Please address the questions asked or your off topic posts will be removed. If you feel you cannot answer these questions, please do not post.

Karen

HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com

As a reminder, here is the original post, since some members seem to have forgotten the question. The OP is not looking for a discussion about whether the drinking age is appropriate, what effect raising or lowering the drinking age has on traffic accidents, or if he/she is a good or bad parent. Please address the questions asked or your off topic posts will be removed. If you feel you cannot answer these questions, please do not post.

Karen

HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com

YAY, Host Karen!! Good job!;)

Archived