Kids on formal night

gypseemommy

I'm sure you'll get lots of different answers to this question, so I'll just tell you what my kids wore. My girls wore short, dressy dresses that they wore to a wedding and my sons wore black pants and dress shirts with nice shoes and belts!!:)

My kids started cruising around ages 4, 8, 11 and today at 12, 16 and 19 wear suits for the boys and a nice dres for the girl, something that you would wear to a wedding or church on Easter type of thing.

There are diffent opinions that you will get so go with what you will be comfortable with.

When my granddaughter went on her first cruise she also wore a short, very dressy dress. She was about 10 years old. Since we started taking her every year now, she has switched to the long formals. She loves getting dressed up to the nines!!!! She usually gets her hair done at the salon on the first formal night. We always get pictures taken on formal nights for her mom! She will be 15 this year, so I suppose her mom will take her out and get 2 news ones!

How do you typically dress your children for formal night? My daughters will be 8 and 9 on our cruise and I'm wondering how formal they should be dressed.

TIA!

dd always wears a dressy (not casual or sundress) dress.

she is almost 11, but has always dressed like this for dinner since her first cruise at age 2.

Just a suggestion. If he really wants a tux you can get him one on Ebay. I bought both my boys (4 & 12) tuxes for my sister wedding this past November on Ebay for about $25 a piece. So now they have tuxes to wear on formal night as does my husband. We LOVE dressing up!

I let my daughter pick out a dress from http://www.butterflyxc.com when she went on her first cruise. They are very reasonable, and you can also get cheap new tuxes for boys. My daughter loved the dresses in the "pageant dress" section. I don't think we paid over $30. Made her feel like a princess and took some great pictures too.

Archived