green eyed lady

Two Gordons???

Ok I am confused. :confused: I booked a tour with Gordon by emailing him at gordon@antiguabeachrunner.com. He got right back to me and set up my tour. :D

Now I am reading that there is Gordon Finch from Antigua Premier Tours. So are they two different people? Did I book the wrong Gordon? :( Help!

Don't worry you choose right. :D Gordon's last name is Finch if I'm not mistaken, not sure I saw that. You'll have a wonderful tour, spent some time with him myself about two week ago now, wish I was still there.

But are they both the same person? I didn't book on the site that says Gordon Finch :confused: I booked thru an email to Goardon but I don't know if there are 2 diff Gordons :eek:

No, it is the same person. Gordon has his own company, Antigua Beach Runner Xcursions and he also works for Premier Tours, which is owned by his cousin Carl. You are in great hands and will have a wonderful tour. Our family was out with him when we sailed on the NCL Pearl and had an awesome day!

But are they both the same person? I didn't book on the site that says Gordon Finch :confused: I booked thru an email to Goardon but I don't know if there are 2 diff Gordons :eek:

Gordon & Carl used to be parteners. They now do their own thing. Gordon Beach Runner and Premier are 1 and the same. He had trouble with his website awhile back so he was using another computer in the office. So you got the right guy... I hear he is GREAT... We will find out beginning of April... Can't wait!! Enjoy your vacation......

We had a wonderful tour with Gordon's tour guide, Abe just a few weeks ago. I have tried to send Gordon a thank you email and it keeps getting kicked back to me -- also his website is down.:( Does anyone know why?

Thanks,

TracyE

Thanks for the email info on Gordon, PAHorner!....I have a tour set up with him also and was concerned that I couldn't reach him at the antiguabeachrunner email address.....

Lisa

He's great; we loved him! He did say that they were experiencing some internet troubles on the island

Thanks for posting Gordon's temp website! I have been trying to contact Gordon to thank him for a great tour.

Just this past February, I booked a tour through Gordon for myself and my son. I had been out on a tour with one of Gordon's guides, Abe, in April of 2007 and wanted my son to have the same great experience.

So, Abe was booked again as our guide and off we went. Now I have been on a lot of tours and excursions, and IMHO, this was the best. Gordon and Abe met us promptly at the arranged time, then Abe took us virtually all over the island which is breathtakingly beautiful. We were able to stop if we wanted to take photos or grab a bite to eat. The day was ours in the capable -- and extremely knowledegeable -- hands of Abe. He proudly showed us all the wonderful sights of Antigua and explained the history of all that we saw. He even took me to a local grocery store so I could buy local hot sauce at local, not tourist, prices.

If you go to Antigua, you will love Gordon and Abe!

TracyE

thanks for posting gordon's new e mail address. i heard from him the end of feb when i had to cancel my cruise. i went to re-book him today and the mail was returned to me. i panicked and then figured i'd check port info. it's so nice to be able to get the info you need on cc

we toured with gordon last week and had a great time. he did mention computer problems but he had no difficulty accomodating us. the day we were with him he was unable to access his reservations so we waited about 10 minutes to be sure that nobody was left behind. he was very flexible with the itinerary so be sure to let him know what your interests are. we wanted to eat local food so he took us to a place called grace's that served great smoothies. enjoy your day there!

Okay, I'm hesitating to write this reply....and please read all of it to get the whole drift, ok? I booked with Gordon after reading lots of positive reviews on CC. I was excited to think that a local guy would be showing us all the local places, etc. I booked for five people during the week of 3/8. A couple weeks prior, I went to email him to make sure we were all set to go. His website was down and I was checking it as well as CC for any updates. At this point, I was considering just rebooking with the cruiseline as I didn't want any issues (and didn't want to let my family down either if he was a no-show). The day before Antigua, I called Gordon and he assured me that the tour was still on. I was fine with that. He gave me directions on where to meet him (Exotic Antigua--a store) and he'd be holding up a sign. My parents found him first and then the rest of our group. He said that since his website went down, he had lost all of his reservations and that before he took us, he wanted to make sure that he didn't leave anyone else behind. I thought that was good, because I wouldn't want to be left behind either. However, another group did come up and had their printed reservations. He advised us that he'd be taking THAT group and he'd put us with one of his other drivers, Valentine. Okay, at this point, I felt like this was a bait and switch type of thing, but just tried to enjoy the day anyhow. Valentine was really wonderful and showed us all of the sights that we would have seen with Gordon, however, I just couldn't get past the fact that I thought we'd be going with the guy that everyone had raved about and that perhaps we were missing out on something. The place he took us for lunch, Ojay's, was horrendous. He actually left us there and gave us his card to call him when we were done. The waitress seemed like we were putting her out to take our order, first of all. My brother, dad and mom ordered hamburgers--the mayo was spoiled so bad that it made them all sick and they only had a couple of bites. I ordered shrimp--for $31.00--and received 5 small shrimp. My mom ordered vegetable soup--and beware---it was like pumpkin and squash pureed--not a typical American vegetable soup. She couldn't eat it. The bill came to over $100 plus we left a $20 tip even though the service was abysmal. (I realize this isn't much for five people--but if we had enjoyed the food, it would have been worth it)for three burgers, a chicken sandwich, and my shrimp and none of it was even edible. We kind of joked that the guy must owe these people some money or something, so he dropped us off there. Now, we did see the sights that we were supposed to see, we were in an air-conditioned vehicle, our driver was kind and knowledgeable, and we made it back to the boat on time. He was a good tour guide. I just want people to be informed that if you're booking with Gordon, you may not necessarily get "Gordon" and may want to consider that prior to booking. I hesitated writing this post because I know the economy isn't great in Antigua and I know that these people rely on tourism and that Cruise Critic probably has enough members to either really boost someone's business or reduce it or even eliminate it. Trust me, I have thought long and hard on this. I'm definitely not trying to ruin their business, but I am trying to make sure that people are INFORMED as to what to expect. I'd appreciate any input that anyone has on this--especially if you've been in my situation where you are struggling whether or not to post difficult experiences you've been in.

We just returned from Antigua and booked Gordon. He was suppose to pick us up at the pier at Exoctic Clothing at 9:30 a.m. We were waiting with another family. They had to call him at home he was in bed. He showed up at 10:00 a.m. and apparently had booked a large group for 11:30 a.m. apparently having no concern as to who we were going to go with. The other family bowed out and found someone on their own. We ended up with his friend Abe who was wonderful. Also, I would go with his cousin Carl before I would book Gordon. From speaking to others Gordon is not a realiable person nor does he have good business sense. I feel you are taking a chance booking Gordon. Also, not to worry there are so many taxi services at the pier who will give you the same tour and the same price you do not even have to rebook. I was not happy at all that Gordon left us stranded there and by the time he found Abe to take us we were hanging around for an hour. Gordon was tongue tied to try to explain himself. He kept stuterring over his words because he knows he screwed up. I would never recommend Gordon.