Easy bus from Gatwick

I haven't seen anything on here about Easy Bus but did find info about it in the London Toolkit website. Has anyone used it and is it reliable? It seems like it takes you to Victoria Station, then you get to your final destination from that point.

The Gatwick to London service starts on 18 March 2008.

Personally, I can't imagine why anyone would really want to do this unless they were next to penniless, when the train is such a good option from Gatwick - getting you to Victoria in about one-third of the time.

As Globaliser has said the easyBus service doesn't start for a couple weeks.

There are other easyBus services from Stansted and Luton that have proven reliable and increasingly popular. The new easyBus service goes to the Green Line Coach Station about 400m from the rail/underground station at Victoria.

easyBus is related to the easyJet airline and is well financed and won't go bust overnight.

It runs head to head on Gatwick to Victoria with the National Express bus and the Gatwick Express and Southern trains.

The only reason to use this service is cost, from 2 GBP - though you will usually pay 4-6 GBP.

For cruise passengers there is minimal luggage allowance.

In my view the big problem is what Globaliser alludes to, Gatwick is by far the worst airport to get into Central London by vehicle. It will be 60-90 minutes of stop-start through suburbia, cramped up in a small minibus.

The trains will do the journey in half the time and relative comfort

Archived