Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Radio

"LIVE" from the Westerdam / 3-09-08

Yes. . I have lots of photos to post this weekend. . .

He was a great Entertainer. . .

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh good more photos!!! You are a fantastic photograher!

Oh you did an awesome job and I can't wait to see more. I was further back! I think yours are going to be way better. Get them posted!! Wasn't he the best and so funny! Did you get his CD?

I only have a few more but they will be up once I get things organized on that site you mentioned. I bought his DVD at the first show I ever saw him at which was way back on the Zuiderdam and 7 shows later I still think he's great. Were you on the Westerdam last week too?

I only have a few more but they will be up once I get things organized on that site you mentioned. I bought his DVD at the first show I ever saw him at which was way back on the Zuiderdam and 7 shows later I still think he's great. Were you on the Westerdam last week too?

No, I was on the Noordam last September and saw him for the first time.

Hello Radio,

I have a question for you. If you ever ate at the lido buffet in the evening, what did you observe people wearing predominantly? Was it generally casual? Were there shorts in evidence? Since I am going to be on the Westerdam in mid April I am trying to plan what to pack. Thank you:)

Ha ha. ..it is shown in the deck plans ;)

Radio

The deck plans actually don't show what food station is where...

Any chance of filling it out? :)

The deck plans actually don't show what food station is where...

Any chance of filling it out? :)

The food stations changed for Breakfast, Luch , and Dinner. . .

I will have to recharge my memory, and look at some of my pics to confirm. . . I will try to do it.

Radio

;) ;)

While editing for my photo site, I will post some random pics from my trip on Westerdam. . .

Radio

;) ;)

At the top level Stairwell on Explorations Deck (Deck 10 FWD)

CC26.jpg

While editing for my photo site, I will post some random pics from my trip on Westerdam. . .

Radio

;) ;)

At the top level Stairwell on Explorations Deck (Deck 10 FWD)

CC26.jpg

Thank you for posting this picture. This was one of my favorite areas on the ship.

Ok. .. Here is the Lido Deck w/tags (as I remember them) :o

I will try to get the pics up of the Auto Train later !

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Deck Plan / Lido Deck / Lido Buffet / DECK 9

LIDO.jpg

Asian / Sushi Bar / LIDO MID

LIDO2.jpg

Image Courtesy of Holland America Line

Hello Radio,

I have a question for you. If you ever ate at the lido buffet in the evening, what did you observe people wearing predominantly? Was it generally casual? Were there shorts in evidence? Since I am going to be on the Westerdam in mid April I am trying to plan what to pack. Thank you:)

It seemed to be mostly casual.

I viewed many passengers wearing casual,(shorts, polos, t-shirts) but also viewed many passengers wearing Jackets, and ties. . . (dinner)

Radio

Radio, it was really wonderful meeting you. I really enjoyed your company as did my husband. As this was my first cruise, I really enjoyed it where my husband... not so much. I just keep thinking if you can do it so can I, so I may just embark on my "solo" cruise soon. I did sign up for the Alaska Cruise in May to be with my Seahawks team and we will again be on the Westerdam. Can't wait. Hope to see you again some day.

Jennifer and Jason.

It was delightful to meet the 2 of you as well ! You should try "flying solo", it is not bad, and there are usually many friendly people to talk to !

I am sure our paths may cross again !

Radio

Now if I just could find a good site to post them on so that I could let others view them too. :confused:

I use Webshots for mine. I love it and use it all the time. Click on the link in my signature (labeled My Cruise Photos) and check it out!! :D

wonderful pics...

quick ?

which formal night is the dressy one? I have a floor length gown and a cocktail dress, and I want to wear them in correct order. ;)

The first formal night was the Captain's Gala Dinner so I would say that is the most formal dinner. :)

Awesome pics! Best I've seen anyone get of Elton Joel! He's going to love that one. Looks like a pro took it! Great job!!!! :)

Well thanks. :) He was kind enough to park right in front of us at the show so I just couldn't give up the chance to snap away.

Radio,

Thanks again for the great review. There has been a lot of discussion about the aft cabins after the new revisions. Specifically that the VA afts on decks 6, 7 and 8 have much smaller verandahs. Is this true and might you have any pictures of the aft verandahs? Thanks.

I just returned from the Joel mason show, and it was GREAT. . . He is a great entertainer. He said to be sure to catch Julie Barr's Late Night show tomorrow night. . . I will have to take a nap so I can stay up for it !

Tomorrow we have the Galley Tour, Cruise Critic Meeting, Acrobatic Duo- ILIA & VALERIE, and much more. I forgot to mention that CD Jason Venner is a very very funny guy ! He is a great cruise Director.

Here are a few pics from the Westerdam today. . .

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Westerdam Bridge

This is great! I love and miss the Westerdam. I can tell you are on Deck 8. We stayed on Deck 7 right under the bridge. If you walk down one deck, you can walk right out to a common area foward deck on 7. It is marked "Crew only" but the crew won't say anything. We had the deck to ourselves each morning. Check it out for some more pics.

The Executive Chef is Andreas, right? He was great to some CC friends who complained about the single Veggie menu and now I heard he has a new one each night and vegitarians do not have to order in advance.

I just was on my first Celebrity Cruise and hated that events were invitation only to Elite and select (5 to 10 cruise) passengers. I asked because DH is a Chef and they said they did not have Galley Tours after 911. HAL opens this up to all. If you go to the 3:00pm high Dutch Tea you will see everything they were working on during the Kitchen Tour. Sometimes they offer an Indonesian Tea as well. High Tea on Celebrity was by invitation only too. HAL treats everyone well.

Great pictures, kiddo! :)

Playa Mia cooking class looked like fun! I noticed what looked like a frozen Strawberry Margarita. ;)

It was fun to see a picture of "our Radio"

Okay here is the link to some of my photos that I have posted online. How I wish we were back on the Westerdam today. :(

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=17qibuoy.7nayljma&x=0&y=yv7wbg

Okay here is the link to some of my photos that I have posted online. How I wish we were back on the Westerdam today. :(

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=17qibuoy.7nayljma&x=0&y=yv7wbg

Alison, I love your pictures, those really are excellent ones of Joel. Also I was very interested in your corner aft deck pictures since you were in 5191 which is my favorite cabin location. Thru you pictures the overhang really did not look to feel that bad. I am guessing it gave it more of a fell of an additional room. I was afraid it would feel like a tunnel. Although the cabins next door in the aft could have that feel.

Also I have been meaning to tell you that I love that kitten in your avatar he is so cute:)

Alison,

Those pictures of Joel are awesome. I wonder if I can order off of your site? Would love to have one of those. Yeah... I definately got bit by the bug. Talked my dad into coming next time. Didn't really have to try that hard. :D

Can't wait to see you again.

Great pictures, kiddo! :)

Playa Mia cooking class looked like fun! I noticed what looked like a frozen Strawberry Margarita. ;)

It was fun to see a picture of "our Radio"

Thanks. :) The cooking class was loads of fun and Chef Luis was quite the entertainer. And actually the drink was a strawberry daquri (sp?).....5% strawberry and 95% rum from the taste of it. LOL I wrote a little blurb about the class on the Cozumel thread in Ports of Call too.

Alison, I love your pictures, those really are excellent ones of Joel. Also I was very interested in your corner aft deck pictures since you were in 5191 which is my favorite cabin location. Thru you pictures the overhang really did not look to feel that bad. I am guessing it gave it more of a fell of an additional room. I was afraid it would feel like a tunnel. Although the cabins next door in the aft could have that feel.

Also I have been meaning to tell you that I love that kitten in your avatar he is so cute:)

Thanks, Lisa. The overhang really wasn't all that bad...definitely not like a tunnel. I think if the side balcony hadn't been there and was a wall instead it would have felt more closed in. It was great sitting out there eating dinner as we sailed away from Cozumel. :) It was nice having some sun but direct sun is a no-no for me so the cover was just right. And regarding the kitten avatar, that's my little girl Shadow...a barn cat I adopted from one of my students. She is really hard to resist and a real lap cat.