Tuxedo prices in Europe

camella

Although I can't say that I am certain, I would think they are. All of the prices quoted are in US dollars. If you are a US citizen, the prices should apply. The same is true of shore excursions, bon voyage gifts, etc.

Thanks - that's what I was thinking. We are probably going to do that because that's less clothes we have to pack and with the airline restrictions on luggage weight, less is better.

Another warning!

Try the suit on as soon as it is delivered. My DH had sent measurements (taken at a local rental store) but the jacket was far too big, and the pants too long. The second attempt provided the right pants, but the jacket was too small. Thanks to the efforts of our cabin steward, who went above and beyond, he was fitted correctly in time for the first formal night.

Sheila

Another warning!

Try the suit on as soon as it is delivered. My DH had sent measurements (taken at a local rental store) but the jacket was far too big, and the pants too long. The second attempt provided the right pants, but the jacket was too small. Thanks to the efforts of our cabin steward, who went above and beyond, he was fitted correctly in time for the first formal night.

Sheila

Definetely need to do that. I could almost get both feet into one of the shoes. The butler was able to get my size. Sure sounds like they do have things on board for just a situation, which makes one wonder, if you haven't made arrangesments beforehand, and you really want to wear a tux, you might just be able to get one.

I just reserved mine for my Constellation Baltic cruise still 4 months away...

Basic Black package plus formal shoes

Total cost: $99.50

I learned long ago about reserving early--ESPECIALLY if you wear an "odd size"...For me, it's a 46 Short...I think if you wear a 42 Regular, they tend to have a lot of those available...But the farther away from that you move in any direction, you'd better move fast...

As to trying it on ASAP...YES...They do make mistakes...One cruise, they were out of 46 Shorts...They told me the closest they could do for me was a 48 Regular...So, okay, it would be a little big...but, I won't schlepp myu own tux to Europe with the luggage restrictions and all, so, I said okay...

But, when I got to the ship, what was hanging in my closet was not a 48 R, but a 38 R!!! No way on earth does that fit...I called the cabin steward immediately and he got it corrected...Whew! Hate to think what might have happened had I waited until Formal night and about 10 minutes before dinner--when I usually would first put on the jacket...

I have a classic black tuxedo that I can no longer wear....now too small. It is a 40 long. If interested I will bring it along on the Summit transatlantic cruise on March 29. Rent it to you for 50 bucks complete. LOL

Archived