dive op in chankanaab park, Cozumel?

cruisincool

I replied to a question about intro to scuba at chakanaab yesterday. Chakanaab now requires a dive guide. reservations are not necessary.

Miguel Fuentes at El Clavado (the middle of the three dive shops on the beach) is an excellent instructor. we used him for our intro to scuba class and then went back the next year after being certified, and did a regular dive with him while a friend did the intro to scuba. (she is now being ceritfied!!!). Miguel is extremely patient and his english is great. very easy to understand. my sweetie wanted to quit,(she felt like she was holding the rest of us back) but he would not let her and literally held her hand the whole dive. Chakanaab is a great place if your group has others that don't swim or simply want to snorkel. nice beach area, shopping, a restraunt and great bar is available, as well as showers and changing rooms. lots of Igannas running around in the tropical like garden area and some fake ruins to view. also has a dolfin and sea lion show (i believe). i think entrance is $12. u.s. and easy to get a taxi back to the ship. hope you have a great time. !!! reservations are not reuired, just walk up to the dive shop and tell them you want to do the intro to scuba. didactic takes about 45 minutes to an hour and then dive for about an hour . second dive is available if you want to.

We are going to be in Cozumel in December, and going here: www.geocities.com/snubacozumel/snuba.html I contacted them, ane we can make reservations, or just walk up. My 2 sons are going to Snuba, and I'm going to dive with them. There is shore diving, snorkeling, etc., at one place in the park. Just a suggestion, in case you had non certified folks with you, you can all take a dive together.

Have fun, and safe diving!!

Archived