Anyone ever ferry over to the mainland?

torybruno

We have some friends that will be staying at an all inclusive and wondering about visiting them for a few hours. Is the ferry ride rough? My son gets green pretty easily, and I'm wondering how bad it really is. Also, are there taxis readily available when you get off the ferry?

Yes, windy days can be rough, but sitting topside - outside makes it easier. There you can focus on the horizon, and reduce the sensation of rough water. Plenty of taxis available. After getting off the ferry, walk straight away from the water for about a block and then to the left. That's where they are waiting. (Or ask -- plenty of English spoken, but watch out for the time-share sharks. If they offer 'free' transportation, run.)

We took the Ferry a few years ago to Tulum. Almost everyone on the Ferry was sick that day - bad day I guess. They gave out sea sick bags to many people. My father, in his 60s, had vertigo the rest of the day. I was nauseated on the ferry ride but fine afterwards. Yes, my family is prone to seasickness. Now, we were down on the lower level in the Ferry. If seas are calm, you'll be fine. If not, someone may get sick. Depends on the weather and the vulnerability of the person. The ride back was not back. If you decide to do it, I hope you have better luck than we did.

Archived