Don't You Just Hate It

waltd

When you receive a promotion in the mail and you call the next day and they tell you that it's no longer available. Just received a nice promotion for a Athens to Rome going to Eqypt in November. So I call and guess what, sorry but it's no longer available. And of course what they have available in the catagory they were promoting is about $500. more per person. Just hate it. Cunard, save a tree.....:)

I had the exact same thing happen last fall for a cruise that we will be taking in just 12 more days. The suite & price advertised were not available on the SAME DAY I received the brochure in the mail! I complained to the agent on the phone that Cunard shouldn't resort to this type of "come-on" advertising. The agent was extremely nice and admitted that they have (had) only THREE of those suites available at that price from the beginning!! Then he asked if we were World Club members. I told him we were and gave him our #'s. He looked us up, saw that we'd traveled on QM2 several times and said, "I tell you what! I'm going to upgrade you to the next higher suite and honor the lower brochure price". Considering it was a Princess Grille suite I couldn't give him my credit card # fast enough!

I DO love Cunard, and will definitely be a Cunarder for life, but I hope they don't start resorting to low-class advertising "gimmicks".

We booked a 13 day QM2 cruise. Got a very good price. Cunard offered a $50 per person shipboard credit on the agents website. When we received the docs. No shipboard credit! Cunard would not honor the credit as they said it was a flash discount. However, the credit was posted at the time we bookied the cruise. After some phone calls back and forth to TA, our TA said Cunard would not honor the shipboard credit. Since it was posted on the web, our TA was kind enough to dip into their pockets and honor it. Not nice of Cunard.:mad:

Archived