Bra Recommendations?

lusyrsgirl

I plan on taking some tank tops, and my formal is a halter style dress. I'd love to be able to take a bra that is strapless and backless. Although I'm only a 34B, the girls are not as they used to be. I need something to hoist them up and shove 'em together. Any suggestions? I've tried the adhesive tape stuff (not the gel) and those didn't cut it.:confused:

While this isn't backless, what about a clear strapped back? I have seen these at places like Macy's...I have also used my favorite halter bathing suit tops to boost the girls up in a halter dress. :) There is a brand called Fashion Forms that I found when googling your bra options... here are some pictures, I think they offer a variety of products...

braz-s-fslash-7000-2T.jpgbraz-S-fslash-7200-2T.jpgfash-16846-2T.jpgfash-5525-1.jpg

Hope this helps! Oh I was on the website www dot laurensilva dot com; that's where I found the pictures. Good luck!!

~Kristina :)

I have this:

216993-ftr6.jpg

216993-ftr1.jpg

216993-ftr3.jpg

216993-ftr2.jpg

216993-ftr1.jpg

216993-ftr4.jpg

It is very comfy!

I have it in both black and suntan..this color shown is nude.

It even comes with push up pads for those who need it.

I am naturally large chested and have been my whole life, so my search for a great convertible bra has been long.

This one meets all my needs!

I wear a lot of backless/low back dresses and this one works...

Be careful about "shoving them together" Hoisting up is good but the uni-boob does not look good on anyone! I had a few bras that gave me this look and they are now in the garbage!:D

So many of the bras that are supposed to are supposed to give uplift and cleavage do so by misshaping and flattening the breasts. :mad: The side view is awful! After trying on dozens of bras, I finally figured out that (for my body at least), I get the best effect when most of the padding is on the lower part of the sides of the cups (I have found that too much padding on the upper part of the sides gives the uniboob effect and too much underneath flattens)

I have a good one made by Wonderbra (Style #7492 - Its probably discontinued now - Seems like every time I find a good one that happens)

Anyway, It definitely gives lift and cleavage, but maintains a natural shape and smooth silhouette. I had to try on lots of bras before I found this one.

Two more tips on getting the right bra:

I have found that with these type of bras with heavy padding, you need to go up a cup size.

Also, do not just consider how the bra looks when you are wearing only the bra - put your clothing over it and see how the bra affects your shape. This will detect whether the bra flattens or mishapes the breasts.

There is a brand called Fashion Forms that I found when googling your bra options... here are some pictures, I think they offer a variety of products...

braz-s-fslash-7000-2T.jpgbraz-S-fslash-7200-2T.jpgfash-16846-2T.jpgfash-5525-1.jpg

Hope this helps! Oh I was on the website www dot laurensilva dot com; that's where I found the pictures. Good luck!!

~Kristina :)

These do nothing for me!

I have had better luck with the forms that lift from the top of the breasts rather than underneath (brand name Invisalifts www.buythelifts.com )

Thay can be worn with strapless, backless . halter. etc and can be cut to custom shapes to suit the neckline shape of your dress. They do give uplift, but don't add cleavage, but they may be worth considering.

They are a bit pricey, but I have found them on discount at Steinmart.

I have this:

216993-ftr1.jpg

216993-ftr4.jpg

It is very comfy!

I have it in both black and suntan..this color shown is nude.

It even comes with push up pads for those who need it.

I am naturally large chested and have been my whole life, so my search for a great convertible bra has been long.

This one meets all my needs!

I wear a lot of backless/low back dresses and this one works...

I second the vote for this! I only have it in black, even wore it under my formal halter gown on our cruise last month. I also do not need any help in the boob dept, I have a good amount and the girls are where they belong, but strapless bras always seem to have a way of dragging the girls down so I like this style instead, it works very well with all of my backless or halter stuff. I mostly wear it halter style, have never worn it criss cross like in the pic. I don't usually like their bras, too pushy-uppy and seems like the girls always end up under my chin, which is NOT where they belong!

Funny story--I was there trying on bras with a friend, had one do the pushy uppy thing on me it and put the girls under my chin like I said, I showed my friend and she said "Jeez, who's BUTTCRACK is that under your face??" I swear I almost wet my panties right there!!!!!!!!!!!

While this isn't backless, what about a clear strapped back? I have seen these at places like Macy's...I have also used my favorite halter bathing suit tops to boost the girls up in a halter dress. :) There is a brand called Fashion Forms that I found when googling your bra options... here are some pictures, I think they offer a variety of products...

~Kristina

These don't do it for me either. The times I've used something like this I used the ones that are practically like paper or band aids that go on the under half of the boob, from the nip down. They work well without adding bulk, but man oh man when you peel those suckers off it really gets your attention, esp. at that one certain part!!! (^Y^)

AAAAAAAAAAK!

These are awesome. I am about the same size, actually I am an NB. I went to Joann Etc. and got the stick on bra, it is actually two cups that you stick on your breasts. They are padded and there is a hook in front just like a real bra. I wear them with my tank tops and halter dresses and they are awesome. They never come off and you can use them over and over again, plus they were only about $7!

31SYR3TESDL._SS400_.jpg

These do nothing for me!

I have had better luck with the forms that lift from the top of the breasts rather than underneath (brand name Invisalifts www.buythelifts.com )

Thay can be worn with strapless, backless . halter. etc and can be cut to custom shapes to suit the neckline shape of your dress. They do give uplift, but don't add cleavage, but they may be worth considering.

They are a bit pricey, but I have found them on discount at Steinmart.

Darn, darn darn! I just called because the website didn't say how long before shipping & I'm glad I did! Fair warning, ladies, due to the high volume of calls... demand very high, they would not ship to me until after the first of the month!! Well, I leave for Galveston 3/28!

Now, I will start calling Steinmarts. They closed the one closest to me, but I'm sure there are others... Ha, can I hold the girls up with packing tape Ha! I have plenty of that:rolleyes: !!! Can you say OUCH!

__

So many of the bras that are supposed to are supposed to give uplift and cleavage do so by misshaping and flattening the breasts. :mad: The side view is awful! After trying on dozens of bras, I finally figured out that (for my body at least), I get the best effect when most of the padding is on the lower part of the sides of the cups (I have found that too much padding on the upper part of the sides gives the uniboob effect and too much underneath flattens)

I have a good one made by Wonderbra (Style #7492 - Its probably discontinued now - Seems like every time I find a good one that happens)

Anyway, It definitely gives lift and cleavage, but maintains a natural shape and smooth silhouette. I had to try on lots of bras before I found this one.

Two more tips on getting the right bra:

I have found that with these type of bras with heavy padding, you need to go up a cup size.

Also, do not just consider how the bra looks when you are wearing only the bra - put your clothing over it and see how the bra affects your shape. This will detect whether the bra flattens or mishapes the breasts.

I love your insight.Sounds like you have had experience with this problem. Maybe I can use it to my benefit. Thank you..

I saw an ad for this on some website, but here is the link so the product's actual site. I haven't tried it mostly because I have no need for a backless bra. Not sure if it would work for halter dresses, but check it out anyway. It looks really cool. Hope it helps!

http://www.maidenform.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=71471&parentCategoryId=1&categoryId=9

I saw an ad for this on some website, but here is the link so the product's actual site. I haven't tried it mostly because I have no need for a backless bra. Not sure if it would work for halter dresses, but check it out anyway. It looks really cool. Hope it helps!

http://www.maidenform.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=71471&parentCategoryId=1&categoryId=9

LOL!! That thing reminds me of those no-VPL undies that someone posted on another thread...I just about spewed my water on my laptop when I opened that other post/pic....I gotta go try to find it now, because I do believe that both pieces together would make a lovely matching lingerie ensemble.

(hey eq302504, I'm not dissing you, this is a cool thing I hadn't seen before, it just reminded me of that other thing which I have to go find right now... btw, are you related to R2D2 and C3PO? :D )

Durnit can't find the post...it was hilarious b'c the GUY:eek: -yes GUY was dead serious about these, apparently they make them for dudes too:

http://inventorspot.com/files/images/backlessbrief.img_assist_custom.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:

now TELL ME that doesn't look like it would be the bottom half of the pic that eq302504 posted?!??!??

I dunno bout you, but I'd be trying to yank that thing up all day...no thanks! LOL!

Darn, darn darn! I just called because the website didn't say how long before shipping & I'm glad I did! Fair warning, ladies, due to the high volume of calls... demand very high, they would not ship to me until after the first of the month!! Well, I leave for Galveston 3/28!

Now, I will start calling Steinmarts. They closed the one closest to me, but I'm sure there are others... Ha, can I hold the girls up with packing tape Ha! I have plenty of that:rolleyes: !!! Can you say OUCH!

__

They are also called "Bring it Up" Instant Breast Lifts. www.shopinprivate.com has them in stock (8 pair for 19.99 + S & H).

They are also available at www.bringitup.com

Durnit can't find the post...it was hilarious b'c the GUY:eek: -yes GUY was dead serious about these, apparently they make them for dudes too:

http://inventorspot.com/files/images/backlessbrief.img_assist_custom.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:

now TELL ME that doesn't look like it would be the bottom half of the pic that eq302504 posted?!??!??

I dunno bout you, but I'd be trying to yank that thing up all day...no thanks! LOL!

JJ- ROTFALMAO & SMCOMK!!!! Too funny! And it Does seem to go with the "backless" bra!!! I can imaging the confidence I would feel.... NOT!

They are also called "Bring it Up" Instant Breast Lifts. www.shopinprivate.com has them in stock (8 pair for 19.99 + S & H).

They are also available at www.bringitup.com

Hey thanks!! Now before I order these... do they work? I'm about a C now cuz I lost some weight.... Sadly, the girls shrank too!

Archived