seeing all locks on partial transit PC cruise

We are considering a partial transit Panama Canal cruise in 2009. We would love to do the full transit but with both of us still working full-time it is not possible to take off that much time at once. Someday...

Anyway, are there excursions available (ship-sponsored or private) that will take you through the rest of the locks while the ship is anchored at Gatun Lake?

Just starting my research and don't even know if this is possible timewise. :o

TIA!

I did the partial panama canal cruise because that's all I could fit in timewise, but then took the panama canal locks by ferry tour so I could see the entire canal and it was definitely worth it. In my signature I have links to my live from posts and my photos from that cruise which was on the Brilliance. Most of the photos were taken on the ferry.

We did the Canal on Princess, and had a great small boat tour through the rest of the Canal. We bussed to some place I forget the name of at the end of the lake, and went from there. I assume RCI offers a similar tour, and I strongly advise taking it. Some folks took the train trip, and it was no where near as interesting, from what I heard.

We did the partial transit in January. My dh did the ship excursion and went thru the other locks (I was a bit ill that day and didn't feel like leaving the ship).

You will not be able to book a private tour, as only the passengers booked on RCCL tours will be allowed on the tenders to get to shore and onto the tour busses.

You will definately have a great time. Try and book an aft cabin if at all possible.

We also took the Panama Canal by ferry tour. It was a long day but well worth it. We were aboard Brilliance and they had a very knowledgeable guest speaker. He provided alot of history and supplemented the ferry tour guides information. You will certainly enjoy this cruise. When we have more time we would like to do the full transit.

Thanks for all the replies. I thought I had read about an excursion that would take you through the rest of the locks. Now I have confirmation. :)

Try and book an aft cabin if at all possible.
We won't be going unless I can book an aft cabin! :cool:

We have done both........the partial and the full crossing. The ferry was not offered to us at the time, but after doing the full transit, I would do it again even if the ship is anchored in Gatun Lake, with a day ferry cruise.

Rick

Archived