Hurricane Jeanne

Judith02

Hi Judith: Here in Coconut Creek we were spared once again !!! Luckily no damage or power outages. However a huge black olive tree four houses away from me uprooted and fell onto my neighbors' house and roots uplifted their concrete driveway. I have only been home from my Celebrity cruise for one week ---- I am soooo ready for another. Just 9 more weeks till the Serenity !!!!!!!

Judith, it was a pleasure to meet you albeit briefly. I was sorry to hear that you were not well during part of the cruise. It really was a a great cruise with great comrades. We are going with friends on the the RSSC Mariner on Nov 2 out of LA and doing the the Mexican Rivera. Like yourself I need one more cruise before season arrives for my partners business.

As for the hurricane we did have some roof and landscape damage from Frances and Jeanne was our welcome back present. Like all of us here is S. Florida we are sick of it!! We hope that all was well with your home. Next cruise we promise to be at the cruise critic party and hope to meet you again and your DH.

Give us a heads up on your next cruise.

Miles & Dan

Have you seen the joke cartoon with Florida moved somewhere in the northwest. We've been getting it from several of our friends.

Please let us know about your Mariner cruise. We've never done a Radisson cruise and are always curious about others' opinions. Also, we are thinking of doing the Mexican cruise on Serenity in January. Other thoughts for 2005 include the possibility of the August Black Sea and the October Spain/Portugal/Canary Islands golf themed cruise, both on Serenity and the April crossing from Ft. Lauderdale to Lisbon.

Hope we are now done with hurricanes and that your damage was minimal. Our gated community lost 1500 trees around the four golf courses and a like number around the houses. Did you know that it was a Florida law that for each palm tree planted, there must be five ficus trees. It is a Florida save the environment law. The ficus trees -- although very tall and wide -- have very shallow roots. It was mainly these trees that were upended in the two hurricanes here in Palm Beach County.

Archived