Must go to shops in St.Thomas?

AJI2596

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, the "market" in St Thomas doesn't really carry anything that's made in St Thomas, but some vendors do sell miniature steel drums, dolls, wood crafts, and maybe some leather items. Our "market" is called Vendors' Plaza, and is in town right on the Waterfront. You can't miss the mostly blue tents.

There's a Native Arts and Crafts co-op directly across the street from Vemdor's Plaza, and there you'll find a much larger assortment and variety. Locally made soaps, spice blends, candles, cards, dolls, probably jewelry, and lots of other things.

On Main Street, all the way down by Market Square, is The Lucky Iguana. It's a visitors' center with snacks, beverages, luggage check, Internet, and a few local crafts. I know they have some dolls (one that's very cute, because you can store your plastic bags in her skirt, but they're not cheap), coasters, spices, the steel drums again, and some other things I can't remember.

For higher end, you can find jewelry artisans in Royal Dane Mall. Okidana (sp?) is one. There are also a few galleries in this area. There was also a gallery with Haitian art a few weeks ago. It's the quaintest shopping strip in St Thomas IMO.

You can find cute coconut candles for $5 at the Captain's Corner stores, and those are made right here. The same guy also makes shell candles, but they're more expensive. The coconut candles are scented.

In the Riise (pronounced like Reese) alley print gallery, you can purchase hand-painted glass Christmas ornaments. Oh, and there's another hand-painted store in Palm Passage with clothes and lovely home accessories. She also sells other locally made things, and I should have mentioned this shop first, but just now remembered it!

Let me better organize this. Starting at Vendors' Plaza and heading west:

1. Native Arts and Crafts

2. Riise print gallery

3. Captain's Corner store (opposite side of the street about a block down)

4. Royal Dane Mall

5. Palm Passage

6. The Lucky Iguana

That should keep you busy! Happy shopping!

Unfortunately, the "market" in St Thomas doesn't really carry anything that's made in St Thomas, but some vendors do sell miniature steel drums, dolls, wood crafts, and maybe some leather items. Our "market" is called Vendors' Plaza, and is in town right on the Waterfront. You can't miss the mostly blue tents.

There's a Native Arts and Crafts co-op directly across the street from Vemdor's Plaza, and there you'll find a much larger assortment and variety. Locally made soaps, spice blends, candles, cards, dolls, probably jewelry, and lots of other things.

On Main Street, all the way down by Market Square, is The Lucky Iguana. It's a visitors' center with snacks, beverages, luggage check, Internet, and a few local crafts. I know they have some dolls (one that's very cute, because you can store your plastic bags in her skirt, but they're not cheap), coasters, spices, the steel drums again, and some other things I can't remember.

For higher end, you can find jewelry artisans in Royal Dane Mall. Okidana (sp?) is one. There are also a few galleries in this area. There was also a gallery with Haitian art a few weeks ago. It's the quaintest shopping strip in St Thomas IMO.

You can find cute coconut candles for $5 at the Captain's Corner stores, and those are made right here. The same guy also makes shell candles, but they're more expensive. The coconut candles are scented.

In the Riise (pronounced like Reese) alley print gallery, you can purchase hand-painted glass Christmas ornaments. Oh, and there's another hand-painted store in Palm Passage with clothes and lovely home accessories. She also sells other locally made things, and I should have mentioned this shop first, but just now remembered it!

Let me better organize this. Starting at Vendors' Plaza and heading west:

1. Native Arts and Crafts

2. Riise print gallery

3. Captain's Corner store (opposite side of the street about a block down)

4. Royal Dane Mall

5. Palm Passage

6. The Lucky Iguana

That should keep you busy! Happy shopping!

Oh my. Thank you so much!! I am printing this out right now:)

You're so welcome. Can you tell I like to shop (look???)? Some people here even send me to do their shopping sometimes, because they figure I pretty much know what and where everything is and the price. I'm not a fan of designer goods, though.

Archived