Best "pocket" maps?

skiiergirl

I prefer the maps that are flexible and won't tear as I fold them. I just purchased one for Venice but I don't remember the name. What I did was go to that large website with books, music, etc and found the city maps I was interested in and reviewed each one. It will say if they are plastic coated or something like that. I think mine was about $8. It also lists the date/year of printing so you can see which is the most current.

I like the MapEasy maps. They're coated yet not stiff, so I can fold and bend to my heart's content. They have restaurants, hotels, stores, sights, etc., printed on the map, so it's very easy to find what you need.

Here's a link to the Rome map on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/MapEasys-Guidemap-Rome-Inc-MapEasy/dp/1878979515/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1205444303&sr=1-6

I LOVE the Insight Flexi Maps. I've always found them to be accurate and helpful, and the best part is that they are laminated, so they stand up to multiple foldings/unfoldings, wind and rain.

I'll throw a second and a third vote for the Insight maps and guides. Very accurate, reliable and durable.

• 2 weeks later...

I also like the maps from http://www.mapeasy.com. You can get it at Borders.

Beside the things that YoPhilly mentioned, it also has a scale that lets you measure how far you are from various places. It comes in handy if you don't want to walk far.

Although I wouldn't be using the maps until my trip, I like the restaurant and price suggestion. It gives one a good idea if the place you are going is upscale or not.

If you are in Venice,The map also shows you where the water bus stop is. This should be useful.

Archived