Anyone who has flown Delta

mortimerM

Just curious.....Since I haven't flown in years...Is the plane normally ok in temperature, or is it Cold or Hot inside the cabin when flying...I'm making my packing list & trying to figure out what to wear on the plane. Thanks:)

Flew Delta to Europe and back and I always find the plane to cold. I carry a coat to cover with even in the summer. But then I am always cold anywhere except during July (sometimes)lol. We are flying Delta to Alaska in July and I plan to wear plenty of clothes and take a coat.

I plan to wear my Gore-tex and probably my polar fleece not so much because the plane is cold but rather to leave more room in my 1 allowed suitcase for clothes.

Ioh I took two suitcases and a carry on. where did you get one bag from ??

judynorth is probably referring to the trend (started by United) to charge $25 (each way) for a second checked bag. :mad:

Hi, MM -

I'm a long-haul (Asia/Europe/South America) pilot with a major airline...please don't wear sandals on the plane! If you ever have to evacuate the plane, you won't want to walk over burning debris with open-toed, flimsy shoes. Also, if you have women in your group, or you're a burly Scotsman :D , don't wear a skirt (kilt, lol). Going down an evac slide is akin to sliding down sandpaper. Owwwww

Insofar as the plane being hot/cold -- as someone else said, it just depends. Layers are the best idea. And if you're too hot/cold, ask a flight attendant to adjust it. On my airplane (Boeing 777), the FAs can adjust the temp. On other planes, they should call the cockpit and ask the pilots to adjust it. Keep asking (nicely) if it doesn't seem to be happening. ;)

Because the price of fuel is so high, most airlines have been cutting back on amenities. Many don't offer the blankets in economy anymore on domestic flights. YMMV

Thanks for letting me rant :D,

Nancy

I've logged over 50k miles on Delta this year alone... I'm generally a cold person so always wear a sweater & keep an extra pair of socks in my carryon. Also, if you have an emergency row seat, I find it's always quite a bit colder there.

Also of note, Delta has recently gone to a 'food for purchase' model. If you're on a long flight or have a short connection time, be sure to eat before taking off, bring food with you or plan to have some cash with you.

Archived