Juneau Dogsledding early Sept 2008

ilinda

Going to be in Juneau first week in Sept and want to dogsled. After reading numerous posts about the cruise lines cancelling once in port. I decided to call a few places directly and some are stating they don't go in Sept.

Has anyone recently dogsledded in either Juneau or Skagway in early Sept. Not dog mushing, dog sledding in the snow. Yes it costs alot but that is what we want to do.

If not able to dogsled :( I would like to whale watch...any suggestions on the agencies to contact for this. Would like a company that does not pack the vessel with too many passengers.

Thanks for any help!!!

why is princess offering it as an excursion? it is offered in Juneau but they have withdrawn it from Skagway. thanks

Because it's a generic list.

Some years the glacier dog sledding is over mid August. I suggest you look at an earlier cruise if this is a priority. They can and do close- totally up to conditions of the fixed camp, and no way to predict.

too late to change the cruise already booked...I wish I had researched before I made the reservations. Family is traveling from other locations, it would be too much trouble to change everything..oh well might have to just go visit the land puppies in Skagway.

Thanks for help everyone.

Linda

Archived