Seattle Pre-Cruise Stay

atudorquene

I was wondering if anyone had ever done the HAL Double Decker Bus Tour and Hotel Stay Pre-cruise in Seattle, and what they thought of it? How was the service and the hotel, and did they get you to the ship on time, LOL?:D

Bon Voyage!

Riding the Ducks is much more fun, plus you get a ride in Lake Union!

http://www.ridetheducksofseattle.com/

Agreed. We rode the Ducks also and had a lot of fun. We also went on a tour with http://www.showmeseattle.com tours. It was a small bus (no more than 14 passengers) and they will pick you up at any hotel in downtown Seattle.

We did the pre-cruise hotel last May through Holland America which included transfers to the pier. It was very well organized and yes, they got us to the ship in plenty of time. Two years ago we got the Westin through Priceline and then took a taxi to the pier.

We liked the concept of the off and on double decker buses so that we could tour on our own, and go [somewhat] where we want. That it all includes transfers from the airport to the hotel, then to the ship, and the hotel stay seemed a good bargain to us.

mfanderso, do you remember which hotel you stayed at. Thus far we have not been able to get info on what hotels are included in the pre-cruise stay.

Bon Voyage!

We have gotten this comped room at the Fairmont as suite passengers as well, for each of 2 Alaska cruises, but we only used the provided transfer to the pier the first time. It entails a lot of waiting around, and for the few bucks a private taxi cost, we found it worth it to check out at our leisure and just get to the pier on our own. I agree the Fairmont is a lovely hotel and very good location for walking to the Market, etc.

Alas, when I went to HAL to purchase the precruise they told me they were all sold out for that weekend. Apparently some huge convention is in town around May 17th. However, the young man on the phone told me to try the Hotel Monaco and I used my hubs company travel agent to get a REALLY good deal on a room there. I am going to go to GreyLine and get Double Decker bus tickets. By the time I am done I think I can replicate what was offered for the pre-cruise for less than they were charging. Go Figure, LOL!

Bon Voyage!

Well done! Sounds fantastic. I think most of the "shore excursions" can be replicated for less than what the lines charge if we are willing to take the trouble to make our own arrangements. You are going to have a blast, on ship, and off!

:)

Archived