If I were not at sea

yaletown605

Hi all,

On all Princess ships, there is a traditional skit called "If I were not at sea" It is funny and crude and endearingly offensive. I think they said it was from "London Pub Night." Does anyone know the history of this skid and London Pub Night.

They did this on the Emerald Princess on the Feb 4 cruise and it was so funny I still laugh out loud when I look at my pictures. I can still see Neil Chandler the Cruise Director in that outfit--in fact i can't hear his name without seeing him in that get up.

They did this on the Emerald Princess on the Feb 4 cruise and it was so funny I still laugh out loud when I look at my pictures. I can still see Neil Chandler the Cruise Director in that outfit--in fact i can't hear his name without seeing him in that get up.

We were on the Tahitian Princess with Neil this past summer. He was in a Wonder Woman costume, complete with a balloon chest.

Too funny!

• 2 weeks later...

Are they still doing that? I saw it back in 1989-1995 when I last sailed Princess. It was on one of the videos I bought back then, but I can't find the video anymore. It was hilarious.

I still remember "Honk Honk Honk Beep Beep" from the taxi driver.

<P>Oh the fond days on Coral with Graham our CD, whose staff performed this magnificently as we cruised from FLL to YVR...</P>

<P>...not that I really gave a damn about the guys but Syriel, "ma belle princesse" was worth every minute of the four and more in the front row.</P>

Ciao for now!!!

The first time I ever saw "If I were not upon the sea..." was way back in the early 80's on a Sitmar ship. I laughed till I cried. A few of the characters have changed over the years, but it's still funny.

Graham Seymour? I think that was our cruise director on the CB in 2005. He wore the outfit and when he turned around the back was a thong! :eek:

We also had Graham on the Grand Princess and he sure made that skit even better. He is quite the entertainer.:D :D

Archived