Sailing Guests/Carry On Luggage

dcdiva

I am a past cruise bride and will be attending my first cruise wedding as a guest. The wedding is in port in NYC before sailing, so I know that all the guests will board early, as a group. I also know that cabins for those of us who are sailing will not be ready when we board. I always board with a carry-on bag with essentials, but I am clueless about what to do with the bag while attending the wedding. (Mine was an island wedding so I never gave this any thought before.)

Can any past embarkation day brides or guests offer some insight into what the heck to do with luggage during the ceremony and reception?

In the letter that Royal Romance sent me to give to all my guests, it says that sailing guests are allowed to go to their room and drop their carry-on luggage off, and possibly freshen up (time permitting) even though their rooms may not be ready at that time. You are given your key so I know you are definitely able to leave your luggage in the room during the wedding. Hope this helps!

~jess

Archived