Dawn 9/19

gigsjh

Just returned from the Dawn yesterday. We had a great time. Traveled with my husband who has a broken leg. He was in a wheelchair the entire cruise. I also have a two year old son.

Embarkation:

We had to wait forever to get into the port terminal due to backed up traffic at 12:30. I would reccomend getting there earlier. Once we arrived inside we waited on line. We were asked if we needed assistance. A cabin steward brought us right up to a wheelchair accessible line. We were on the ship after a few minutes.

Had a great time we did not do any excursions.Port Canaveral we stayed on the ship. Miami we took a cab to Bayside Marketplace. It was like a typical mall but outside. We did have a Lava Flow at Bubba Gump's resturant which was good. Nassau we went to Adastra Zoo. It was a small zoo with about forty cages. Mostly birds. It costs $12 for an adult to get into the zoo. You can feed the lori parrots apples. Another nice feature is the Flamingo dance where the Flamingos walk to certain commands very interesting to watch.

Fabio Zini was a wonderful guitarist very entertaining to watch. We had excellent service in all of the resturants. The food was tasty too. Radmilla Zec was an excellent Maitre'D in Aqua she took care of my son all week. I would not reccomend eating at the Garden Buffet very noisy. My son enjoyed the Kids Buffet though. My son loved the cruise due to all of the attention. He loved the Kids Crew and the kids pool too. I would reccomend it families.

any questions I will try to answer please ask.

Any questions I willl try to answer them for you.

Radmilla Zec was an excellent Maitre'D in Aqua she took care of my son all week.
Thanks for the review. And isn't Radmilla the best? She was an asst. maitre'd on a few of my cruises on the Dream. Such a sweet girl. I have her e mail address around here somewhere. I should drop her a note hello.

Thanks for the nice review. It must have been tough traveling with a spouse with a broken leg and a two year old!

Some quick questions:

What kind of cabin were you in?

In which restaraunts did you dine? Did you try any that required an extra charge?

When did you learn that you wouldn't be going to the Private Island? Did you stay in Nassau longer?

Do any special moments stand out as highlights of the week?

Welcome back! We leave on the Dawn in 13 days!

John & Liz

Thanks for the info about traveling with a two year old. We leave to sail on Sunday and my son is 20 months old. How was eating in the restaurants? I'm most concerned with how fast the food is served because my son's attention span is quite short!:D What was served on the children's menu? I'm sure that we will be checking out the kid's buffett. I don't think that we are really planning on doing any shore excursions but might check out the zoo in Nassau. Was it worth the price of admission?

Thanks for your help

Wow Cecelia you know Radmilla too. I thought she was the nicest crew member on the ship. If you E-mail her tell her Jen Stehen and her friend Matthew said hi. Matthew misses his walks with her. I wish I had her email address. You can tell she really loves her job.

John and Liz

We had an inside cabin. It was very nice it has a fridge, blow dryer, the room is pretty big for a cabin. We ate in Aqua, Venetian, Impressions, Salsa, and La Trattoria. Our favorite resturant was Aqua because of the great service. All are no charge. We liked them all the Italian resturant is just O.K. We did not got to the Private Island because the water was to rough due to Hurricane Jeanne. We were going to try again the next day but the seas were even worse. We stayed in the Bahamas until 11:00 the next morning. The highlights were the shows, bands, and parties.

Scrap Gal

The service can range from waiter and resturant try it out my son loved eating in the resturant for the first three days. Then we brought stickers toys, and books to keep him busy. There are kids books in the library on the ship. Try Aqua it is all women in the resturant and they love to play with the kids. The kids menu is typical. Pasta with butter or sauce, grilled cheese, pizza, chicken nuggets, hamburger, hot dogs, there may be more. You can get smal boxed cereals for breakfast. Along with any other thing your child may like hot cereals, eggs, waffles, and pancakes. The zoo in Nassau may or may not be worth it if you really like birds go to the zoo. It is not like a zoo here in the U.S. It is very tiny. We went by taxi but you can also take ashore excursion.

I hope I answered all your questions if not ask again. I am going to lay down for a while because we have all come down with some kind of illness while on the ship. I hope everyone has a nice trip.

My son did not use a high chair. He did use a booster seat a few times though. We did go on the Dawn last year when my son was sixteen months old. He used a high chair then. All you have to do is request a highchair when you are seated and they will bring one out to you. I think they are available in all the resturants. At the Kids buffet they are all lined up in there I saw them this time.

You can also request a Pack and Play it is Graco. You will need to set this up with your travel agent before your trip. Try to bring Pack and Play sheets. Otherwise they just fold a sheet i there not very good for SIDS it is not tight on the matress. We did this last year this year my son just slept in a twin bed. Be aware the Pack and Play takes up a big part of your cabin. We had an inside cabin both times. My son slept great because it is very dark.

Wow Cecelia you know Radmilla too. I thought she was the nicest crew member on the ship. I wish I had her email address.
If you'll e mail me I'll send you her e mail address. I found it!

Archived