St. Lucia and Guadaloupe?

doorcountydi

Ehhh, I'm not sure about the zip line shore excursion, although one of my traveling partners really perked up her ears at that one! Thanks for the photos... St. Lucia looks beautiful! We are STOKED about this trip!! :D :D

Diane

I'm going to be on the Dec 5 Maasdam Southern Caribbean cruise (:D yaaay!) but have never been to St. Lucia or Guadaloupe. Any unforgettable shore excursions we shouldn't miss??

Diane

Haven't been to Guadaloupe, but an excellent way to enjoy St Lucia is to take a combination land and catamaran tour.

The usual routine is a bus tour from Castries to Soufreire with one or more stops along the way, then a cat trip back to Castries featuring great water side views of the twin Pitons.

If a combo trip isn't on offer, land trips often include a stop at one of the plantation estates, as well at a few of the island's prime features like the Diamond Waterfalls and Sulphur Springs. The land side view of the pitons will not be as impressive, but it should be part of the tour.

As previously mentioned, St Lucia is a gorgeous, lush island. Enjoy it.

Once, we took the whale-watching tour in St. Lucia -- didn't see any whales, but lots of dolphins, which really put on a show. I know I shouldn't give animals human attributes, but it seemed to me they were showing off and enjoying it!

In Guadaloupe, we took a tour to the Jacques Coustou nature reserve. We had a glass-bottom boat tour in the pristine water, which was very enjoyable. They also had a time for snorkeling from the boat, although we did not know that it advance, otherwise we would have taken our snorkel gear and worn swim suits.

Both are very pretty islands. I think you will enjoy them whatever you do.

Dave

St. Lucia is one of our favorites. We took a private tour with Cosol. First rate tour, lots of fun. Only six of us on the tour.....about half the price of the ship's tour. He dropped us off at a great beach to swim for an hour and a half prior to taking us back to the ship.

Archived