13yo wants to zipline in Cabo, but....

ANETLY

Here's the thing. He occasionally has seizures. I'm worried about him doing something like that jik, but dh says let him have fun, he'll be strapped in. So, what do you think? Would this be something that he could do if he did happen to have a seizure, would he be secure? I want to tell him no, because I'm paranoid, for that matter, I don't want him to go swimming either. He's 13, he wants to have fun. If you think that's a bad idea what excursions would you recommend for him? We're doing the 5day baja trip, so Cabo and Ensenada. Thanks.

I think I would discuss it with my Dr. and maybe send the Zip Lining outfit an email to get their input. Its tough when kids have issues such as this, 2 of my grandkids have had seizures. I have never ziplined but I think I have read that they have hand controls, so that may be something you need to consider as well.

Good luck and I hope it works out for him to be able to do this.

Here's my thinking (obviously!) We went zip-lining in PV with Los Veranos. You are well strapped in. IF he did have a seizure, I think he would be safe. Not all companies use a helmet. Request one if yours does not. The staff were soooo comfortable on the lines, if something happened, they could easily gain control of the situation.

Of course, I can't totally advocate and guarantee your child's safety. That decision will be up to you. I'm guessing that there is a chance that if you inquire with the zip-line people, they may refuse, due to liability. Of course, it is Mexico, so maybe not. If you do so, maybe remain annoymous while you check it out. Checking with his doctor is also great advice.

ps: He'd probably be a lot safer zip-lining than doing lots of other things, just because of all the safety equipment!

Archived