transferring booking to a new travel agent

steve4040

I booked with travel agent A, and have received unsatisfactory service. I was referred to this travel agent by the cruise compete website. In calling to get advice on how to manage different scenarios, I discovered I could transfer the booking to Carnival or to another travel agent.

Has anybody ever done this? What are the hidden gotcha's that I should be aware of?

Thanks

There may be a non-refundable booking fee that you have already paid. Check your original billing.

We've never had to change a booking. We stumbled on to a sweetheart of a TA after 3or 4 cruises and have booked only with her since then. She works for one of the major online agencies.

Charlie

Not sure. But, you may not be able to transfer something that is part of a group. You could cancel and rebook in which case you would no longer be part of the group.

If there are group events planned like seminars or special entertainment you would not be able to participate in them.

Charlie

I booked with travel agent A, and have received unsatisfactory service. I was referred to this travel agent by the cruise compete website. In calling to get advice on how to manage different scenarios, I discovered I could transfer the booking to Carnival or to another travel agent.

Has anybody ever done this? What are the hidden gotcha's that I should be aware of?

Thanks

Technically - the current TA can refuse to allow the transfer.

Is this your group? Normally the TA would have to give the booking up and not many TA's are willing to do this. You might try talking to CCL, but depending on the reputation of this agency with Carnival you may not get anywhere...

Archived