Question about whether ship is full or not

Rileyz

If cruise is in a week and mini-suites are coming up for parties of 3 or more and balconies, oceanviews and insides are available for 2 people ONLY does this mean ship is nearing capacity? Just curious. Thanks

If cruise is in a week and mini-suites are coming up for parties of 3 or more and balconies, oceanviews and insides are available for 2 people ONLY does this mean ship is nearing capacity? Just curious. Thanks

Hmmmm:confused: Guess it wouldn't necessarily mean so. Sometimes the smaller balconies, oceanviews and insides only hold 2 people. Or if they hold more, doesn't mean they can sell them for 4 people as the sailings are capacity controlled. Meaning they only sell to so many passengers, regardless they might have 50 rooms where they could fit 4 people in each, they may only be allowed X more number of passengers.

A week from cruising and still available cabins, I'd say it probably won't be a full sailing. Most spring breaks are over, and you're a week past Easter, everyone back to work and school. Of course, that's just a guess on my part.:)

what was said, plus even in normal times...you need to call to see what cabins are available for more then 2. many times the website can't/won't let you book with more then 2 in a cabin.

last cruise, by a week out...only 1 suite was showing available. the cruise before that, all cabins were showing as "not available". if you have cabins showing, it's not sold out.

It's a fact of life today - all ships sail at full capacity. If there are cabins still available close to sailing, the cruise line will often slash prices to fill them up.

Retired people who live near a departure port and can go on short notice can get some really good deals.

Anyone hoping for a "less crowded" cruise nowadays is probably hoping in vain :D !

I think it is. We leave next week on the Star and I try to do a booking and it says no cabins available. 10 more days:D :D

I am not too keen on the NCL site to see what is avaiable. Evertime I page back it says the page expired and you start all over again. Enjoy your trip.

Archived