St Petersburg Private Tour

136pass

We are going to be on the June 15 cruise and wanted to know if the private (four of us ) tours through Silverseas is the way to go or if anyone has any other ideas etc Also Visa or no visa? Thanks for your help

We are going to be on the June 15 cruise and wanted to know if the private (four of us ) tours through Silverseas is the way to go or if anyone has any other ideas etc Also Visa or no visa? Thanks for your help

We (4 couples) sailed on the Shadow into St. Petersburg in August 2007. We did a Private Tour through Silver Seas and it was great. We were able to modify the tour per our interests, guide was knowledgeable, friendly and quite flexible.........

Big plus............ no need for Visa's and the attendant expense and potential hassle. There are many large independent tour companies (might require Visa's). Perhaps you can save a little money with them, but where's your recourse if you're not satisfied or issues develop.

Hey it's Russia, I want hassle & stress free travel and doing it through the Cruise Line almost guarantees this.

BTW, consider doing the "Moscow" Day Trip if offered (via commercial Russian ariline, again thru Silver Seas), it was phenominal experience !

Hi!

I posted this in the Port section, but it looks like this is your 1st post, so I will cross reference it for your convenience!

I've been to the Baltic 3 times, Here's a link to my trip reports, pictures of the ports you will be in, AND the itinerary that we used when we booked Red October last May.

I also have lists for things to see and do for ports that you can do on your own.

In St. Petersburg, My husband and I decided to do a private tour for 2, and while we are very thrifty,

I will have to say this was the best investment of our travel budget we have ever made.

If you have any questions feel free to email us!

If the picture album is slow to load, just back out and reenter it's a googlepages issue

Have a wonderful journey!

http://when.do.we.leave.googlepages.com/balticcruiseportinformation

Another Point of View re the side-trip to Moscow:

There is so much too see in- and out-side St. Petersburg that you will not be bored staying in St. Petersburg. Plus the trip to Moscow is really intense: you will spent many hours travelling to and from and depart/arrive at some un-godly hours...

Net, just think through the pros and cons!

Another Point of View re the side-trip to Moscow:

There is so much too see in- and out-side St. Petersburg that you will not be bored staying in St. Petersburg. Plus the trip to Moscow is really intense: you will spent many hours travelling to and from and depart/arrive at some un-godly hours...

Net, just think through the pros and cons!

You are right; it's a very early departure from the ship and a very late arrival in the we small hours........However this pales by comparison to the automobile traffic jams you will encounter ( I forgot to mention this probably because in my own mind the pluses outweight the minuses). The traffic is some of the worst I've ever experienced (Metro Chicagoland is no picnic) with literally bumper to bumper conditions for huge chunks of time. Seems everbody in Moscow has a car, but the authorities are behind the curve in terms of highway improvements.

None the less having an opportunity to ride the beautiful Moscow subway, visit Red Square and take a very private tour of the Kremilin (Silver Seas exclusive?) and have dinner in a rather exclusive restaurant with entertainment, was well worth the time.

Archived