Any HAL Rooms that hold more than 4?

MISSMARYBEAN

Just wondering if there are any rooms on HAL ships that hold more than 4 people?

I'm scheming to come up with a way to get my family (parents, siblings & significant others of siblings) onto a ship for my parents anniversary... I think my parents would love AK, so in particular I'm curious about the Oosterdam/Amsterdam itineraries to AK, but may find that Caribbean will work better with people's schedules.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks - Mary :D

I've never heard of any HAL cabin holding more than four people. Even adding a crib would make for tight spacing in most every cabin in the fleet.

Besides, there's still only one bathroom. Would you want to share one bath with more than three other people? :eek:

I would also suggest spreading out a bit. Two Verandah Cabins next door to each other and opening the verandah partition is a nice way to go and gives enough space/bathroom space so not to be uncomfortable. I believe that the PH would be the only 4 person accommodation.

Wendy

I believe that the PH would be the only 4 person accommodation.

Wendy

There are plenty of 4-person cabins (including all the S-suites, for instance), and some oceanviews and some insides. It is 5-person cabins that do not exist, not even in the PH size. Even though the cabins could clearly accommodate 5, they don't allow it. If you want to sleep all 5 together, you STILL have to book another cabin. Then of course you can sleep however you like.

Thanks for the input! I figured it was a longshot, but I know some other cruise lines have rooms made for more people, including some with 2 bathrooms... didn't think I had seen that on any of the HAL room descriptions, but figured it was worth asking. :)

Finally - I grew up in a house with 6 kids, 2 parents, and one bathroom. :eek: The house was maybe 1200 sq. ft... the penthouse suite doesn't sound so bad.... :p (Of course, we were younger then... and my DH, and my brother's fiance might feel differently about that too....)

Finally - I grew up in a house with 6 kids, 2 parents, and one bathroom. :eek: The house was maybe 1200 sq. ft... the penthouse suite doesn't sound so bad.... :p (Of course, we were younger then... and my DH, and my brother's fiance might feel differently about that too....)

Of course you could fit 5 or 6 people comfortably in the Penthouse suite, if you're willing to share space and a single bathroom.

The problem is that HAL has some upper limit on the number of souls allowed onboard, having to do with safety and lifeboat size, and if they allow you to put a fifth person into the PH suite, then they lose a space for a possible higher-revenue passenger elsewhere.

I've heard of specific occasions when a cruise line (it wasn't HAL, though I could imagine this happening on any line) wouldn't even allow a 3rd person in a room normally suited for up to 4, because they had already sold the maximum number of "3rd person" slots. So this family of 3 had to book two cabins.

Archived