Serious question from my son: Can you hear..

I have rarely heard noise from people in the next room. I have heard chairs scraping on occasion, on the floor above us, and you may occasionally hear people talking as they walk past your room. Snoring, no.

people snoring from the rooms next to you!!?? He is dead serious about this question! Sorry, I had to ask!

I have not had this problem before and have fairly sensitive ears. My guess is it would be most likely if you had an adjoining room and a person in the adjoining room was a loud snorer.

I cant sleep with much noise either, and i find it amazing how quiet the cabins are, and ive only sailed on older ships! I'd imagine the newer ships are even quieter, course you are going on the vision..but thats still newer than both of the ones ive been on

It's possible though not very likely unless you have a connecting room and the person in the other room is a very loud snorer. If you son is that concerned about it, perhaps an investment in some inexpensive ear plugs is in order.:)

Adjoining rooms on older ships are a problem. We were on the Sovereign in an adjoining room and heard everything that went on in the other cabin. The only problem was when the gentleman coughed. He evidently had a cold/sinus issues as he did this all hours of the day/night.

Tim

I have also noticed that with cabins having connecting doors, a lot of sound can travel between the cabins. I've also occasionally noticed some creaks, etc. from ship motion.

I always carry earplugs and the problem is solved.

Jeff

No noise heard on the Voyager class. On Granduer and Majesty we did hear some noise from next room...snoring no other bedroom noises yes...coughing or loud talking yes, and loud music yes.

All in all the insulation seems better than many hotel rooms.

Snoring no but....coughing yes, tv sometimes, amorous lovemaking definately! Last week on the Sov. I think the woman next to us moaned and squeeked for over an hour!! Couldn't wait for the...you guessed it...."OMG"!!! Guess it was good for her, not so good for us!!:o :o :o

Hey, that was us!! Jk! I didn't even think about those 'sounds'....

I might invest in something for him besides the standard ear plugs. I tend to snore when I drink, and I'll be drinking everyday! "Sound" conditioner, never heard of that, I'll look into it.

Thanks everyone! Now time to catch some ZZzzzzz'!

We were just on the Radiance in a connecting cabin -- did not hear ANY noise from that room. Did hear the wake-up call & people talking in the stateroom on the other side of us (both muffled). BTW, we were in the 2nd stateroom from the centrum area on the elevator side, and never heard any noise from there. People walking by in the hallway a few times, but I think you're going to get that anywhere. Oh, and we didn't get any complaints about my DH's snoring :-)

Snoring no but....coughing yes, tv sometimes, amorous lovemaking definately! Last week on the Sov. I think the woman next to us moaned and squeeked for over an hour!! Couldn't wait for the...you guessed it...."OMG"!!! Guess it was good for her, not so good for us!!:o :o :o

Over an hour? If only I.....Oh never mind.

Snoring no but....coughing yes, tv sometimes, amorous lovemaking definately! Last week on the Sov. I think the woman next to us moaned and squeeked for over an hour!! Couldn't wait for the...you guessed it...."OMG"!!! Guess it was good for her, not so good for us!!:o

Sorry, but afterwards we never hear anything that keeps us awake. :D :eek: :D

On the RHapsody of the Seas, we had small children in the next cabin who cried during the night and woke us up early each day with crying.. It sucked!!!

We have also been able to hear loud talking during the night in the next cabin.

Haven't had a connecting cabin.just the Jr suites and oceanviews..

Good Luck..

We now bring a small fan for white noise and turn it on high each night to help drown out any sounds from the next cabin.

Carla

Archived