Does RCCL get CBS TV Channel?

If there is a show you really must see, then record it at home. The TV selections are awful (not that you really have time to watch a bunch of tv, but...) There are alot of old sit-coms, old movies, a news channel or two, and lots and lots of RCI programming!

We'll be leaving on the AOS on April 6 and want to watch NCAA men's BB final game on April 7 . I think that CBS is showing it. Thanks for any help!

More likely than not you will see the games...usually in the sports bar...and sometimes in your room. good luck.

You won't find any recent shows, but they do have a channel in your stateroom called ''CBS, Eye on Royal Caribbean''. They play repeats of Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, and more.

For sports, you will have to go to one of the bars, although you might be able to catch some maybe in your room, I'm not sure. They also have the news, where you can catch highlights if it's and important game, which I'm sure they will have highlights of NCAA final four on the news.

If it is a sports event that is shown in the sports bar or the other public lounges, our experience has always been that you can also see it on the TV in your stateroom. Major sports events such as the Super Bowl, major NFL games, and the Final Four in College Basketball will be available as long as the ship can get the satellite feed. TV onboard isn't quite as bad as some would make it out to be, but we really never spend much time watching it during our cruises.

We are sailing on LOS April 5th and we just have to watch KU take it ALL (hopefully:D )! I don't know what my DH and two DSs would do if they can't get the game. They would definately be disappointed! My fingers are crossed for good reception!

Five years ago in April we were in St. Thomas and my DH had a Kansas Hat on and EVERYONE would stop him and say "GO KANSAS" and "WE LOVE KANSAS". It was great! Made his day. Hopefully this year, they will be saying "WAY TO GO KANSAS":D

They should defintely have the basketball game.

We were unfortunate enough to be sailing on Superbowl Sunday and wish Explorer of the Seas didn't carry the Superbowl because our team lost the game and we were constantly reminded of it because our ship sailed from the home of the winning team: New York (New Jersey) Giants. DH reminded me to never book a cruise during big sporting events.

I must say that Princess does a great job showing sports on their gigantic outdoor movie screen and NCL also shows games all day and night on their large atrium screen on Sundays. Princess even showed Monday Night Football on the outdoor movie screen. That was great.

Carnival definetely has the best cruiseship tv because they carry all the major networks (ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC in addition to ESPN).

Most cruiselines carry CNN and ESPN but not much else.

Archived