Question on Price Drops

ellenmb

Can you call back to your TA to have get as many price drops as you can? I don't want to be obnoxious, but I do want to make sure I get the best price. I got a $50.00 (pp) price drop yesterday (I actually thought it was more, but she was right); just wondering if the price drops again, can I request another credit? thanks all

Can you call back to your TA to have get as many price drops as you can? I don't want to be obnoxious, but I do want to make sure I get the best price. I got a $50.00 (pp) price drop yesterday (I actually thought it was more, but she was right); just wondering if the price drops again, can I request another credit? thanks all

Good luck. Some only allow one, some many. & some will not honor any.

What if you booked with a TA? I used the same one on the last two cruises and she would not give it to me. This time I have used the same TA just a diffrent agent. I hope she will give it to me I don't want any up grade because of the way I need the rooms. When should I check for the price drop? And when should I let her know? My cruise is not until 09.

What if you booked with a TA? I used the same one on the last two cruises and she would not give it to me. This time I have used the same TA just a diffrent agent. I hope she will give it to me I don't want any up grade because of the way I need the rooms. When should I check for the price drop? And when should I let her know? My cruise is not until 09.

First, call and see her position on pricing adjustments. If they are not in agreement with your views, you have plenty of time to cancel and/or transfer your booking. Hope that your TA does not have a stated cancellation fee... :(

My take on these issues:

1. Find a TA who does not assess a cancellation fee.

2. Find a TA who will commit to multiple price decreases .

Finally, if I had a TA who would not give me the valid price decrease, I would find a different TA.

In an extreme case, you can transfer your booking to a different TA...or at least threaten to do so. That might alert the people involved.

(Sorry for the rambling redundancy :rolleyes: )

The question of if they will honor price drops or multiple price drops should be asked of every TA before booking with them. Some do and some don't or will give you a really hard time. Booking through Carnival we can get any price drops (that apply and aren't for new bookings only and then sometimes if you ask you can still get them but that is hit or miss) at least up to final payment and sometimes after that as a OBC, but again, that can be hit or miss. My theory is that it never hurts to try ! :)

The question of if they will honor price drops or multiple price drops should be asked of every TA before booking with them. Some do and some don't or will give you a really hard time. Booking through Carnival we can get any price drops (that apply and aren't for new bookings only and then sometimes if you ask you can still get them but that is hit or miss) at least up to final payment and sometimes after that as a OBC, but again, that can be hit or miss. My theory is that it never hurts to try ! :)

This is our first cruise... and I booked our cruise on aa.com... I would have never imagined that they would honor price drops (I would have never even thought to ASK), but after reading this board, I called and asked. They were very nice, and I got $220 off my bill on March 3rd. They told me to keep checking and call them back if I saw any more drops. I called back this weekend, and got another $360 off my bill. Plus, the lower rates made my insurance price go down as well, and they are refunding me $32 for that.

I had a $500 balance due the first of March, and now they owe me money. :D

They said I should see it as a refund on my credit card sometime next week... they also said the fuel charge should be refunded next week as well.

They reminded me again to continue watching for additional price drops... and to call if I see any... they said any adjustments before final due date would be refunded to my credit card, and that any adjustments after final due date would be issued as OBC.

This is our first cruise... and I booked our cruise on aa.com... I would have never imagined that they would honor price drops (I would have never even thought to ASK), but after reading this board, I called and asked. They were very nice, and I got $220 off my bill on March 3rd. They told me to keep checking and call them back if I saw any more drops. I called back this weekend, and got another $360 off my bill. Plus, the lower rates made my insurance price go down as well, and they are refunding me $32 for that.

I had a $500 balance due the first of March, and now they owe me money. :D

They said I should see it as a refund on my credit card sometime next week... they also said the fuel charge should be refunded next week as well.

They reminded me again to continue watching for additional price drops... and to call if I see any... they said any adjustments before final due date would be refunded to my credit card, and that any adjustments after final due date would be issued as OBC.

Thank you all...I am so glad I found this board:)

On our Legend cruise, we booked with a TA. The price dropped and we went from a balcony gty to an extended aft cabin over the wake. Then AFTER final payment, it dropped again and we had obc of 500.00. :D The best upgrade and obc we have had yet.

On our Legend cruise, we booked with a TA. The price dropped and we went from a balcony gty to an extended aft cabin over the wake. Then AFTER final payment, it dropped again and we had obc of 500.00. :D The best upgrade and obc we have had yet.

WOW..hope ours drops again!:)

Archived