1st Diamand Cruise Coming in 6 Days Educate Me Please

As far as I know Diamond Lounges are only on the Freedom class so you will use the Concierge Lounge. Yes there are free drinks during certain hours of the afternoon/evening but it can get quite crowded in there during those hours depending on how many D and D+ cruisers you have. You can get continental breakfast in there in the am, snacks, etc. It's just like a club lounge at any hotel.

I know most of the perks, but what exactly are the perks of the CL or Diamond Lounge. I will be on Navigator. Which will it have and what goes on in there? Free drinks?

I don't know if they have developed a Diamond Lounge of the Navigator or what...but there is a CL and there are free drinks no matter what lounge you go to...cocktails are served between 5:00 until 8:20, they serve appetizers also...there is a continental breakfast in the CL between 8:00 and ten and there is free coffee, and special coffees and teas all day long, on a serve yourself basis.

Children are not permitted after 5pm...but are welcome during the day...and friends or travel mates that do not have diamond status are also not permitted...

The Coleridge is available in the morning from about 8-11 and in the evenings from 5-10 hours change...so check the schedule...they can arrange dinner reservations, solve problems, get early tender and ice show tickets for you...

Enjoy your first trip as a diamond member.

During the evening hours, you get free drinks and snacks. The concierge is there to and can arrange excursions, ice skating show tickets, and dinner in the specialty dining room. I did find that they seem to only have certain times for the dining room, where going directly to portofinos or chops there are better choices of times. We do late sitting for dinner, but when we go to the specialty restaurant we really like going around 7:30 and we'll go for coffee with our dining companions afterwards. Enjoy being a diamond member it's great!

As far as I know Diamond Lounges are only on the Freedom class so you will use the Concierge Lounge. Yes there are free drinks during certain hours of the afternoon/evening but it can get quite crowded in there during those hours depending on how many D and D+ cruisers you have. You can get continental breakfast in there in the am, snacks, etc. It's just like a club lounge at any hotel.

Wow that's a little disappointing. Booked a suite to be able to have some peace in the CL. Didn't realize we would have the company of all the D and D+ cruisers.

The Freedom class ships have one lounge dedicated to the suites and another lounge dedicated to diamond/diamond plus members. On the other ships it is difficult to predict what to expect, other than to say you will be afforded some type of Concierge or Diamond Lounge.

If there is an over abundance of D/D+ they typically open a satelite lounge to handle the overflow. We've found many different configurations that often vary not only between ships but vary from sailing to sailing. Sometimes you can use either lounge. Other times the Satelite Lounge will be for D/D+ and the Concierge Lounge is designated for suite passengers. Sometimes both suite guests and D+ can use the Concierge Lounge.

But regardless of the setup you will have a nice lounge to enjoy during your cruise.

Wow that's a little disappointing. Booked a suite to be able to have some peace in the CL. Didn't realize we would have the company of all the D and D+ cruisers.

Wow - guess you should have done a bit more research - or taken a higher end cruise line to escape all the dirty filthy masses of D's and D+'s. :eek:

Orville Reddenbacker, anyone? Butter/no butter?

Wow - guess you should have done a bit more research - or taken a higher end cruise line to escape all the dirty filthy masses of D's and D+'s. :eek:

Orville Reddenbacker, anyone? Butter/no butter?

Wow, these are the nastiest boards! I said some peace - didn't call anybody any names.

Im making the popcorn now!

You are probably right to get the corn popping, but we understand Donna In India's point. Someone booking a suite based only on RCCL's brochures would not be aware that the Concierge Lounge is also available to D/D+ cruisers.

The brochures clearly state -

"Complementary concierge service is available to guests booked in suites on selected ships. Amenities and services offered are not available to other guests onboard the ships".

The information that she would now be sharing these services with several hundred D/D+ passengers sure could have been a surprise to her and any other passengers who had booked a suite.

Donna, I believe it was your tone and I think you were quite clear in your intent without calling anyone names. To assume that your "peace" would be interrupted by experienced cruise passengers was pretty cut and dried. RCCL is a mass market line - no lounge is going to be for a small group. Those with suites can have peace on their large balconies and in their sitting areas - to imply that the peace of the CL will be shattered because you did not understand who has access to it is silly. I was being sarcastic, not nasty - hence the :eek:. :)

Sorry Wolfgang but the info from RCI is definitely misleading. I know for a fact that there very many D and D+ people on my cruise. Have been on the M & M boards with them and they are all very nice. The only reason for my comment was that there are so many and I wasn't aware that there was an overflow area so imagined that the CL would not be able to handle hundreds of people. That was my only "intent".

As Don said, The brochures clearly state -

"Complementary concierge service is available to guests booked in suites on selected ships. Amenities and services offered are not available to other guests onboard the ships".

Donna, I believe it was your tone and I think you were quite clear in your intent without calling anyone names. To assume that your "peace" would be interrupted by experienced cruise passengers was pretty cut and dried. RCCL is a mass market line - no lounge is going to be for a small group. Those with suites can have peace on their large balconies and in their sitting areas - to imply that the peace of the CL will be shattered because you did not understand who has access to it is silly. I was being sarcastic, not nasty - hence the :eek:. :)

Perhaps you are correct, but we prefer to give Donna the benefit of the doubt in regards to her tone. It is entirely possible the information took her by surprise. We are D+ members and don't take her remarks as demeaning.

We agree RCCL is basically a mass market cruise line, however, they like many other cruise lines, are exploring several initiatives designed to attract and accomodate higher paying guests. If someone is willing to pay $6000+ for 7 nights in an owner suite they probably are entitled to some special treatment. We have no problem with that.

We agree with your remark that no lounge is going to be for a small group, however, most Voyager class ships have 31 suites. That computes to about 65 to 85 passengers utilizing a Concierge Lounge that can comfortably seat about 20.

We don't book a suite because we prefer to spend the extra money on 2 balconies (one for us and one for our married children), so my husband and I will be using the CL as diamond members. (They haven't earned diamond status so they don't accompany us to the CL.)

If it seems too crowded, we'll simply pay for our drinks at one of the bars. Also, our balconies will afford us peace and quiet.

Considering what we pay for 2 cabins (or one suite) the cost of a few drinks isn't going to kill the budget. :) ;)

We were on Liberty last September and used the Diamond lounge, it was our first cruise as diamond. Would we also have been able to use the Concierge lounge?

I've heard that on the Voyager class ships they set up a diamond area on deck 14. So on our upcoming Mariner cruise we'll have access to both areas?

We were on Liberty last September and used the Diamond lounge, it was our first cruise as diamond. Would we also have been able to use the Concierge lounge?

I've heard that on the Voyager class ships they set up a diamond area on deck 14. So on our upcoming Mariner cruise we'll have access to both areas?

Unless you were staying in a full suite on the Liberty you would not have gotten access to the Concierge Lounge. The Diamond Lounge and the Concierge Lounge each take a different key card.

You'll probably just have to wait and see what they are doing on the Mariner. Usually the decision to open the deck 14 lounge is based on the number of D/D+ members on the cruise.

On the Voyager and Radiance class ships that we've been on there was no key cards issued for the deck 14 lounge, you just show your seapass card. Sometimes the D/D+ members were issued a key to the Concierge Lounge and could use both lounges, however, on some sailing they could only use the deck 14 lounge and not the Concierge Lounge.

We take about five cruises a year and other for than the Freedom Class ships, which have dedicated suite and diamond lounges, there is very little consistancy.

I know that one of the perks of being D or D+ or being in a suite is using these lounges. My question is, if you do have access, do they have complimentary soft drinks too? DH and I are not big drinkers, but we might stop in for a bit if we could get a soda.

We were on Mariner in Jan. and had access to both the CL & the satellite lounge on 14 (Cloud Nine)....we had late seating for dinner and never had a problem with over crowding. We were told there where 165 diamond/plus onboard. We actually prefer the lounge on 14...beautiful room with the lights turned down and the views where fantastic....Enjoy! :)

Archived