Documents

lakelurenut

Also depends on who you booked with (HAL direct or a TA). HAL sends them early (approx 30 days prior to sailing) but if you booked through a TA, HAL sends the docs to them. In some cases, TA's don't send them out until very close to sail date 14-10 days.

we booked thru an online agency for the first time and we got our documents this past saturday, 6 weeks prior to our 11/6 departure on Volendam. If in doubt I would contact whoever you booked thru and ask them when you should expect them so that you have an idea when to become concerned if they have not arrived.

Our TA called and said she has had our documents for a week, but wants to hold on to them and continue to try and get us an upgrade. Doesn't matter to us. We just want to get away, alone, without our children, and without the sound of the teenage hot line ringing non-stop. And of course eating without someone saying "mom can I have a bite that looks so good". To enjoy a meal without sharing. I wont know how to act. And to sleep-in just the two of us...without someone crawling in bed with us. Pinch me...the thought that this is really going to happen in 26 days has got to be a dream.

So upgrade or not...my documents are here and I can go. That's all that matters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank God for cruising!!!

Jodi/Bruce

We just want to get away, alone, without our children, and without the sound of the teenage hot line ringing non-stop. And of course eating without someone saying "mom can I have a bite that looks so good". To enjoy a meal without sharing. I wont know how to act. And to sleep-in just the two of us...without someone crawling in bed with us.
Oh my gosh! We have the same life! LOL

Our cruise leaves on SATURDAY, and I don't care if we have the lowliest of the NN cabins--which we do--I'm just grateful to be going and leaving the kids with the grandmas. (Do you know how hard it is to get the house GRANDMA clean? I need a cruise!)

Robin

Dear Jodi and Robin,

There is no way a person can ever get their house "grandma" clean...I have been trying for many years. And it does take at least two weeks post cruise to take away all the "grandma spoiling" your children will have while you are gone.

My boys are teenagers now (lord have mercy) and still think that I am going to be bored on my cruise if I don't bring them with me.(are they nuts?!?)

My youngest son is handicapped so I can still relate to what it is like having someone who needs constant care (and he still wants me to tell him a new joke with each task I perform for him...I ran out of jokes so I must need another cruise to revise my sense of humour)

Enjoy your cruise Jodi! Sleep in, eat plenty and let someone else make your bed.

Happy Sailing To All

Dear Jodi and Robin,

There is no way a person can ever get their house "grandma" clean.

My house is always "grandma clean." But, then, I'm married to grandma:rolleyes: ! Would you like to borrow her for a week? Or two? I'll take a teenager off your hands........

:) -dave

My house is always "grandma clean." But, then, I'm married to grandma:rolleyes: ! Would you like to borrow her for a week? Or two? I'll take a teenager off your hands........

:) -dave

Oh Dave are you going to be in trouble if your wife finds out you are shipping her out...and not even on a cruise ship!!

And be careful, I can pack my sons suitcases very quickly! My youngest boy even comes with his own guide dog, a 110 lb. black lab. who eats like a horse!

You may want to change your mind.

CanSail

And be careful, I can pack my sons suitcases very quickly! My youngest boy even comes with his own guide dog, a 110 lb. black lab. who eats like a horse!

You may want to change your mind.

CanSail

After a couple of days with my jokes (I love puns) he'd be saddling up the lab to ride home...:rolleyes:

-dave

Our cruise is 11/7 and HAL told me they mailed them out Airborne Ground on 9/17. My agent got them yesterday (we've had mail problems in Florida). So that's about 6 weeks before.

Heather, Does this mean you are DANCING?????:D

That is Great!!

On 3 HAL cruises we have always gotten our Docs right at the 7 week time frame.

After a couple of days with my jokes (I love puns) he'd be saddling up the lab to ride home...:rolleyes:

-dave

Thank you Dave, I just tucked my beautiful boy (I still call him my little boy even though I have to look up to him) in bed with his dog and often he makes my heart cry. Thank you for your kindness and your laughs.

love CanSail

Archived