Leaving the ship

kgicker

Can someone please give me information of how the let people off the ship in Tampa? Do they call us by numbers or do they just let us get off when we are ready? How do we get our luggage?

My parents are going to be the one to pick us up and our paperwork says we are coming back at 8:00, does that mean we will be getting off the ship at 8:00 or does that mean we will be getting to Tampa at 8:00?

Sorry for all the questions this is our first cruise.

Can someone please give me information of how the let people off the ship in Tampa? Do they call us by numbers or do they just let us get off when we are ready? How do we get our luggage?

My parents are going to be the one to pick us up and our paperwork says we are coming back at 8:00, does that mean we will be getting off the ship at 8:00 or does that mean we will be getting to Tampa at 8:00?

I've never been to the Tampa port, but on other ships they let you off by number groups. You can self disembark and take all your luggage with you. If you do that you will be in the first group off. The ship may arrive back at 8 am, but they can't let anyone off until the ship clears customs.

If you choose not to self disembark, then you have to wait for your group number to be called.

They assign you a number based on cabin location and you are let off as your number is called. I am not sure how the numbers are assigned, I believe the higher up on the ship you are the lower your number and sooner you can get off the ship. Also you can get off early if you want to carry off all your own luggage.

You're scheduled to arrive Tampa at 8:00 AM.

You have the option of 'self debark' which allows you to exit the ship once Customs is ready for passengers. You keep your luggage in your cabin until your ready to debark.

Beyond that you can debark by 'zone'. Luggage tags will be left in your cabin with your zone number on them. You leave your luggage outside your door prior to midnight. Your bags will be collected. You will debark by 'zone' probably being off the ship prior to 10:30 AM.

Hope this helps.

We just got off in Port C and it was by numbers. If you had all your luggage and Passports (not BC) you could just wander down and get off. Our ship was docked at 6:15 am but no one was allowed off until 8:10 am....now that may be because they could not get any customs to start any earlier, but in the past it has seemed to allways take at least an hour before the ship was cleared.

You are dock at 8 am. The ship comes in early then that. I have use Tampa twice and we were always dock by the time we woke. Which was always around 7am-8am. The 1st time we were the 1st ones to get off and 2nd time was the lasted ones to get off which was around 11am. Now when ever we can we self-disembark, which you can get off the ship around 8:30am.

If someone is going to be waiting for you. Then you should probably self-disembark.. But if you have a lot of luggage this will not be a good ideal.. I have seen people trying to self-disembark with "LARGE" luggage bags when they should have put them out the night before to be pick up.. You have to be able to carry your luggage up and down stairs. If you only have a carry on and a backpack then self-disembarking is a great way to get off the ship.

We used Luggage Express - Carnival has a deal with 4 airlines (jetblue, delta, and I can't remember the other two).... for the price of $15 per person, they will print your luggage tags and boarding passes for you on the ship. The night before you're to get off, you leave your luggage outside your cabin with the airline luggage tag on. You will not see your luggage again until you arrive at your final destination. The morning of disembarking, you are the FIRST ones to get off, even before self asssist. We were at the airport by 9:00am yesterday - no waiting in lines, just went to the gate noted on the boarding pass. FYI, the ship docked around 5:30am

We used Luggage Express - Carnival has a deal with 4 airlines (jetblue, delta, and I can't remember the other two).... for the price of $15 per person,

Is the Legend out of Miami? and if so do you remember if the other Airline was American?

Awesome info, thanks

Fred

We used Luggage Express - Carnival has a deal with 4 airlines (jetblue, delta, and I can't remember the other two).... for the price of $15 per person, they will print your luggage tags and boarding passes for you on the ship. The night before you're to get off, you leave your luggage outside your cabin with the airline luggage tag on. You will not see your luggage again until you arrive at your final destination. The morning of disembarking, you are the FIRST ones to get off, even before self asssist. We were at the airport by 9:00am yesterday - no waiting in lines, just went to the gate noted on the boarding pass. FYI, the ship docked around 5:30am

We're flying Delta and this sounds like a good deal! Did you have to sign up for that through Delta or on the ship?

I don't know why but I'm a little worried about losing my luggage though! :)

You sign up for luggage express with Carnival. You must complete a form they give you on one of the first couple of nights and bring that, along with your passport, to the Pursers desk no later than the day before disembarking. They take the form, check that it's your passport, and you're done. The luggage tags and boarding passes will appear in your cabin one night while you're at dinner.

I think American Airlines might have been another airline that participates, but I can't swear to it.

You sign up for luggage express with Carnival. You must complete a form they give you on one of the first couple of nights and bring that, along with your passport, to the Pursers desk no later than the day before disembarking. They take the form, check that it's your passport, and you're done. The luggage tags and boarding passes will appear in your cabin one night while you're at dinner.

I think American Airlines might have been another airline that participates, but I can't swear to it.

Thanks! :) I'll look into it when we arrive!

That's amazing!!!

Our flight from New Orleans isn't until 4pm - I was trying to figure out what to do with the luggage all afternoon while we wandered around the city. We are flying on Delta.

Do you have to sign up for anything before the cruise? Or just talk to the purser or somebody on board?

Thank you!

Archived