Bringing home ship bought liquor

With the current liquid restrictions on airplanes, how do you travel with any liquor purchased on the ship? The last cruise it was just boxed. Im sure that don't work anymore.

I wrapped up all the bottles in pastic bags and then in dirty clothes so it was safe on the trip home. Packed the stuff in the middle of clothes in the bag so it was possible to get it home un-broken.

The big bottle was plastic which helped keep the stuff safe as well.

Okay.....it looks like bringing back anything liquid may be more problem than it is worth. The price of vodka on the ship is a good deal, but its a deal that might just have to stay on the ship. Thanks Crusin99 for the article.

Place liquor in checked bags. Either bubble wrap or place in one of the carrying boxes and place in middle of suitcase. Less likely to get broken. TSA will not allow liquor in carry-on.

What if your not flying??? Cant you bring as much as u can fit in the car?

What if your not flying??? Cant you bring as much as u can fit in the car?

Sure can. I plan to find out duty pricing for NYE cruise when we go from homeport so I can fill out the L-cabinet with duty free stuff. Maybe I can win another bottle like I did last week...

Took booze on Alasks cruise last year. Got a huge zip lock bag like 5 gallons and wrapped them in clothes and no problem. Did not have it taken away either by Princess.

Place liquor in checked bags. Either bubble wrap or place in one of the carrying boxes and place in middle of suitcase. Less likely to get broken. TSA will not allow liquor in carry-on.

TSA allows 3oz or less of beverages.

See the following TSA link:

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_1189.shtm

I HAVE brought the little bottles with me, and packed larger ones in my checked bags. CHECK WITH YOU CARRIER- some have specific requirements on quantities, % of alcohol, and packaging. You should be able to find the rules on their website.

Last year on our first cruise (you know the one, where you purchase too much of everything, and have trouble getting it all packed) we bought a couple good-sized bottles. As I had over-packed, I had brought our snorkel fins. Well, we never used them to snorkel, but they made some mighty fine 'bottle protectors' , one on each side of the bottles, secured with clothing. The Sheridans liquor survived just fine! :D

On our March 08 cruise, purchased liquor was not permitted for pick up till debarkation morning. This will, of course, hinder packing in luggage the last evening. If you are flying and use valet service – how will you get it in your checked luggage?

We did not bother purchasing any on board ( we drove to port) as we did not want to bother trying to get it debarkation morning when there is a rush to get off the ship.

Cheers

M

Archived