Noordam Hydrotherapy Pool

Nonie

:confused: Does anybody know how much the hydrotherapy pool on the Noordam costs? I am looking eiher for a daily rate or a rate for the whole cruise and does that price include the thermal suite etc.

Thanks, Nonie:)

If I remember correctly the $150 is the weekly fee for both the pool and thermal suites. There is a weekly rate of $80.00 for one or the other and a daily of $40.00 for both or $20 for either.

Of course my memory could be wrong. While on the Noordam, my DH and I did the couples weekly rate.

Hi Mo - I've never been, so can you tell me just what is the hydrotherapy pool and thermal suite? I'm guessing it's part of the spa, where I had a terrific facial, but I'm at a loss as to what's the deal with the pool and suite for $150? ...hey...when are we doing dinner??

Hi Mo - I've never been, so can you tell me just what is the hydrotherapy pool and thermal suite? I'm guessing it's part of the spa, where I had a terrific facial, but I'm at a loss as to what's the deal with the pool and suite for $150? ...hey...when are we doing dinner??

The hydrotherapy pool is OH SO MUCH MORE than a regular pool. It's slightly heated, but not like hot tub hot. It's got bubbles and jets, and a quiet atmosphere.

The thermal suite is amazing also! I just love the ceramic loungers!

I'm assuming that the hydropool and thermal suite on the Noordam is very similar to the one on the Zuiderdam. If so, I LOVED my time in there. IMO, it was well worth the money, especially if you're sailing at a time that is prone to have lots of children. Last two cruises on the Z were during EAster break and the pool areas were extremely busy. It was fantastic to be able to relax in the hydro pool/thermal suite area on sea days. It was literally a completely different world than the pool area. Let me know if you'd like some pics of this area from the Zuiderdam.

Cheryl :)

I'm assuming that the hydropool and thermal suite on the Noordam is very similar to the one on the Zuiderdam. If so, I LOVED my time in there. IMO, it was well worth the money, especially if you're sailing at a time that is prone to have lots of children. Last two cruises on the Z were during EAster break and the pool areas were extremely busy. It was fantastic to be able to relax in the hydro pool/thermal suite area on sea days. It was literally a completely different world than the pool area. Let me know if you'd like some pics of this area from the Zuiderdam.

Cheryl :)

Thanks Cheryl and all. I think I would really like this. Do you know if it is possible to try it out before paying for the whole cruise - such as, do they give "Samples? :) Nonie

Hi Robin! AlohaPride has it right. The hydrotherapy pool is a large, warm water pool, with bubbles, soft music and is just wonderful. I'm not sure what kind of water it is, but I'm sure someone knows. There is one area where the bubbles target your back and another your feet and legs. The thermal suite has heated ceramic loungers that face windows and an awesome view, and various other amenities like steam rooms and mineral showers. We never really had the opportunity to use the loungers or showers because we went Code Red the third day and it was all closed (yes, they refunded our unused days). The loungers are often occupied for long periods and hard to get to. There are times when it's empty, as I understand, but we never found it that way.

Kenny and I were just talking about dinner with you guys. My son, his wife, my granddaughter and great-granddaughter are coming up Sunday for a week, so it won't be until after that. I'll ask Kenny to call Rich and Maryanne and we can co-ordinate!

2749718340072458177S425x425Q85.jpg

Thermal Suite ............................ Hydrotherapy Pool

2649268840072458177S425x425Q85.jpg

Hydrotherapy pool. Bad picture, but toward the back of the pool there is a bench of metal bars you can lay on and the bubbles hit your back. I thought it would not be comfortable, but BOY WAS I WRONG!! I cat napped a LOT on these bars!! lol. And when the ship is at sea, the water takes on an ocean like feeling with the water moving back and forth. It's so very relaxing.

2781793300072458177S425x425Q85.jpg

One of the heated ceramic loungers. I never had a big problem finding an available lounger. There are signs all over the place saying that if someone is waiting to limit your use to 20 min. I couldn't get a better picture because there were people in there and I didn't want to offend them by taking too many pictures.

The couple's package we bought was the BEST money spent on the entire ship!! I can't wait to cruise again just to use these facilities again!!

We just returned from the Noordam. Last year the hydro pool was one of the highlights of our trip. Spent many hours in there. This year it was the biggest disappointment of the trip. The water was often colder than the pool, and the side jets did not work during the entire cruise. Before you pay for the full package, like we did as soon as we boarded, check these things out. Cost was $250 per couple.

• 2 weeks later...
We just returned from the Noordam. Last year the hydro pool was one of the highlights of our trip. Spent many hours in there. This year it was the biggest disappointment of the trip. The water was often colder than the pool, and the side jets did not work during the entire cruise. Before you pay for the full package, like we did as soon as we boarded, check these things out. Cost was $250 per couple.

That is a great suggestion. I'll do that when we board in May. Thanks!

Noordam Hyrdrotherapy Pool

158497372_AU4sA-L.jpg

Noordam Thermal Spa Room (Steam Rooms are behind you and showers to each side...these are co-ed)

161760019_vEyrU-L.jpg

They are SOOOOO worth the price!!! I spent hours on the thermal beds. You can even take a cocktail and relax before you have to get ready fo dinner. The best was as we were sailing and seagulls would fly by the windows at the same speed as the ship and look in at you like they were JEALOUS of you!

Archived