Drinks before Drinks on QM2?

cococub

Hi all...

was wondering if I can bring aboard my own bottles of wine and spirits to enjoy in our cabin? Anyone with experience or knowledge of Cunard's rules with this? Love a nice glass of vino before leaving for dinner!

thanks.

Why on earth would you want to drink alone in your cabin (albeit a very nice environment) when there are so many other options available to you in which you can enjoy a reasonably priced libation, listen to lovely music, and enjoy the companionship of your shipmates? That being said, I believe you can carry on whatever liquid refreshment that fits in your bag and can be justified by the airline regulations. But do venture out....

Marilyn

We absolutely will venture out, but looking to enjoy some time alone with my spouse and enjoy the balcony we booked. Maybe even host a small soirée on our balcony if the opportunity presents itself and having a few bottles handy will suffice.

The QM2 is one of the rare civilized ships where you will be treated like an adult. (I'm assuming QE2 and Victoria are the same) Basically, you can bring as much of whatever you want on board. there is no luggage searching. We liked to have Gin and Tonics while we dressed for dinner. We took everything including the limes on board. We also took a bottle of Dom Perignon and a favorite wine. Cunard still made a lot of money off our bottle of wine every night with dinner, beers at the Golden Lion and martinis at the Commodore Lounge. In fact, their generosity actually motivated us to buy more out of simple appreciation.

Absolutely enjoy your balcony with your libations.

Paul

Hi all...

was wondering if I can bring aboard my own bottles of wine and spirits to enjoy in our cabin? Anyone with experience or knowledge of Cunard's rules with this? Love a nice glass of vino before leaving for dinner!

thanks.

I brought a bottle of Champagne and a bottle of vodka on my QV tandem crossing January without a problem.

Hi all...

thanks.

It's not a problem at all. Bring whatever drinks you like onboard and enjoy your cabin and balcony! Also, if you're on a cruise (such as Caribbean), it is also acceptable to buy ashore and bring on. The only thing they won't let you do is to buy at their duty free onboard and drink it whilst onboard. It is delivered to your cabin the night before disembarkation. Also, if you choose to take your own wine to the restaurant, there is a $15 corkage fee.

On our 10th March Caribbean Cruise, we had 3 bottles of champagne in our cases and 2 in our hand luggage.. no problem what so ever. (2 bottles for our wedding day...

We still bought champagne whilst on board,

As paul stated when treated like adults we tend to behave like them

Steve

Archived