Have You Been Loyal To Royal?

I thought this would be a fun thread to start! Who has been loyal to Royal the most? I’m talking about who has been on the most cruises with Royal Caribbean and nobody else! For me I’ve been loyal to Royal for 5 years and 8 cruises! :D

I'm loyal to Royal, but that doesn't mean I still don't way the Pros/Cons and look for the best deal...after all, I'm still a poor college kid for another 4 months...So Carnival, Princess, along with Costa, and Celebrity still get my attention on a daily basis....:)

I'm not loyal to any cruise line. Variety is the spice of life. I've been cruising since I was 9 yrs old and I'm 50 now.

There is a whole world out there kiddo. And it encompasses much more than one cruise line.

My own kids have been on 15 cruises and on all different lines.

I'm not loyal to any cruise line. Variety is the spice of life. I've been cruising since I was 9 yrs old and I'm 50 now.

There is a whole world out there kiddo. And it encompasses much more than one cruise line.

My own kids have been on 15 cruises and on all different lines.

That’s true!! I just can’t see my self on any other cruise line! Where else can you surf, ice skate, shop down the Royal Promenade, and roller blade all at sea? Only on Royal Caribbean :D ! But you know that’s true who nose I could love Carnival for crying out loud :eek: !

I've only been on 11 cruises, 7 on RCL and one each on Princess, NCL, Celebrity and Cunard. But now that we've reached Diamond status it is getting harder to consider other lines......the balcony discount usually brings the price lower than others.

That’s true!! I just can’t see my self on any other cruise line! Where else can you surf, ice skate, shop down the Royal Promenade, and roller blade all at sea? Only on Royal Caribbean :D ! But you know that’s true who nose I could love Carnival for crying out loud :eek: !

It's all about clientele and market. I never really understood it until the past couple of year after going through so many business classes in college. But RCCL better look out...with the changes that NCL is putting in, they might want to keep a look out...plus, after Radio took the HAL cruise and I saw the itenerary, the ship, the food and all, well, needless to say, my Graduation cruise could very well change to a HAL boat...still trying to make up my mind before July final payment....But having a one tracked mine is like growing up...you try something when you are age 6-10 and may not like it...you grow up refusing to try it...then, you are much much older, you try it, and you love it...and there it was available to you all the time and you never new it because things change with age!:)

First RCL cruise was on the Sovereign in 1989 when she was the largest cruise ship in the world. We've seen a lot of water flow under the keel's of other ships since then and they've all been with RCL. Have never had a reason to try any other line......:)

well you surely can't do all that on other cruise ships. The new princess ship coming out next year is going to have a circus school. If you parents have never taken you down to club med with circus school, try it. It's lots of fun.

You should watch the Love Boat and see how different cruising was not so many years ago. You are growing up on new ships with loads of kid friendly ammenities which make a difference in what you see and feel about cruising.

Having crewed boats offshore I can honestly say I had bigger cabins on some of those boats than ever on RCCL; did I get 2X daily cabin service and towel animals? No...but then I was paid instead of paying to be there.

I like RCCL and my TA thinks based on what I want out of a cruise RCCL, X, and Princess are the reasonably priced cruises I would enjoy...I am sure Crystal and Symophony would be fine as well, more booze freeflowing and less activities where I can get hurt if I've had too many drinks...actually those are premium lines with top service and you do pay for it.

I like the crowd I see on RCCL along with the ammenities make RCCL a great choice for my family. Soon though I will run out of ports I have not seen on RCCL in the Caribbean and will have to consider other options like longer flights which will cut into some of the cruising...

I expect to stay Loyal to Royal as long as they continue a good product, that said I consder X a part of the Royal line-up (Although a friend told me the food on X is worse than on RCCL so that is a consideration.) I may give the new X ship a whirl next year to see how I like it...Princess may come into play in AK due to price breaks over RCCL on a North or South bound cruise before or after visiting relatives in Anchorage. If price was equal or even close on the weeks I am considering it would be a no brainer I would take RCCL, more points in the C&A club and known experience.

By the time you are 31 instead of 13 you will probably change your mind on various things but that happens to everyone so don't sweat it!

btw...isn't it late to be up on a school night? :eek:

All of my cruises have been on Royal Caribbean except one.

The Crown Princess.

July, 2006.

It listed over.

Do you think that someone was trying to send me a message? ;) :rolleyes: :p :D

Perhaps your captain likes Crown Royal a bit too much...:D :eek:

You should watch the Love Boat and see how different cruising was not so many years ago. You are growing up on new ships with loads of kid friendly ammenities which make a difference in what you see and feel about cruising.

Having crewed boats offshore I can honestly say I had bigger cabins on some of those boats than ever on RCCL; did I get 2X daily cabin service and towel animals? No...but then I was paid instead of paying to be there.

I like RCCL and my TA thinks based on what I want out of a cruise RCCL, X, and Princess are the reasonably priced cruises I would enjoy...I am sure Crystal and Symophony would be fine as well, more booze freeflowing and less activities where I can get hurt if I've had too many drinks...actually those are premium lines with top service and you do pay for it.

I like the crowd I see on RCCL along with the ammenities make RCCL a great choice for my family. Soon though I will run out of ports I have not seen on RCCL in the Caribbean and will have to consider other options like longer flights which will cut into some of the cruising...

I expect to stay Loyal to Royal as long as they continue a good product, that said I consder X a part of the Royal line-up (Although a friend told me the food on X is worse than on RCCL so that is a consideration.) I may give the new X ship a whirl next year to see how I like it...Princess may come into play in AK due to price breaks over RCCL on a North or South bound cruise before or after visiting relatives in Anchorage. If price was equal or even close on the weeks I am considering it would be a no brainer I would take RCCL, more points in the C&A club and known experience.

By the time you are 31 instead of 13 you will probably change your mind on various things but that happens to everyone so don't sweat it!

btw...isn't it late to be up on a school night? :eek:

I’m still on spring break so im still up working on Bennie schedule! You probably right! I was talking to my parents the other day and the topic of the Celebrity’s new ship the solstice came up and we’ve only heard good things about Celebrity and since there owned by RCCL we thought we might want to try that ship next year because we like the big ships and its Celebrity so we get the best of both worlds big ship and a new “up scale” cruise line to try!

Well, my Momma always said " If it ain't broke - don't try to fix it "

LOL - not really but you get the idea.

So far only 4 cruises - all Royal Caribbean.

Looking to book #5 for this fall back to Europe.

We like the ships, the mix of people who sail RCI, so far the itineraries and they are just a good fit for us. That's not to say I might not consider another line (say Princess for a Tahitian cruise) if I can't get an RCI ship to go where I want to go. But for now.....RCI for us :D

Loyal to Royal...........what a great topic.

I started out as a kid on a freighter....that was very cool.

Then in the '90s I experienced my first cruise on the old Pacific Princess. OH OH........hooked. Didn't try Royal till '03 on a Hawaii trip on the Legend of the Seas and today, although we still look for itinerary and great deals, as Diamond Plus members with 55 cruises, most of them since '03 have been with Royal.:)

Rick

We were 15 cruises loyal. Then they decided to make all ships even more unfriendly to smokers, thus alienating a block of cruisers. Apparently they don't want our business, so we went Carnival and LOVED it! Should have tried them long ago. They actually want smokers' business as proven by making smoking areas very comfortable.:p

I've been on 3 cruises and taking our 4th next month. 3 out of 4 are RCCL. We cheated :) and tried Carnival, but came right back to RCCL. For the right price I'd try other lines. However, when I cruise with RCCL, I know I'm going to have a great cruise...no worries.

Archived