Need Info on St. Thomas

vicki sue

We're going to be arriving in St. Thomas on the Destiny. Is St. Thomas a tendered port? How far from the cruise ship is shopping? Is it within walking distance?

We are supposed to be back on the ship by 5:00. Is getting a taxi by 4:00 to go back to the ship from Megan’s Bay cutting it too close with traffic? Is it easy to catch a taxi at Megan Bay?

My husband is going to scuba dive in the morning. I’m hoping to go shopping. We’d like to meet back at the ship for lunch and then go to Megan’s Bay for a couple hours. I know I asked a lot of questions. Guess I like to plan (: and would like to know ahead of time if my plan will work. Thanks in advance for any help you can give us!

You do not tender at St. Thomas. There is shopping at Havensight Mall, right where the ship docks. The shopping in Charlotte Amalie is about a mile and a half away and I wouldn't walk it. I've never been to Megan's Bay, but I hear traffic is bad in the afternoon so I personally would allow more than an hour "just in case".

You do not tender at St. Thomas. There is shopping at Havensight Mall, right where the ship docks. The shopping in Charlotte Amalie is about a mile and a half away and I wouldn't walk it. I've never been to Megan's Bay, but I hear traffic is bad in the afternoon so I personally would allow more than an hour "just in case".

The Destiny does dock at Havensight, but there are other options for the cruise industry.

During particularly busy times (i.e. January through March), your ship will dock at Havensight, the primary dock for cruise ships, or Crown Bay, which opened a new port facility in early 2007. If more than six ships call on St. Thomas in one day, your ship could be anchored in the harbor; the tenders will drop you in the heart of Charlotte Amalie.

4 PM is too late. the traffic is getting worse and worse each time we have been there. Last visit was in February. Ship leaves at 5 PM so that means you have to be on board by 4:30 PM, thats ship rules. you don't want to be standing on the dock waving to the ship as it is leaving.

St. Thomas has just started a new tour called Pirates Harbour Tour to help taxi people to/from cruise ships to the local shopping areas. It is a pirate themed fun-filled tour. You are given pirate tokens to save you money while shopping. I tried to google for a website, but came up with nothing. Try your cruise line for more information.

• 2 weeks later...
We're going to be arriving in St. Thomas on the Destiny. Is St. Thomas a tendered port? How far from the cruise ship is shopping? Is it within walking distance?

We are supposed to be back on the ship by 5:00. Is getting a taxi by 4:00 to go back to the ship from Megan’s Bay cutting it too close with traffic? Is it easy to catch a taxi at Megan Bay?

My husband is going to scuba dive in the morning. I’m hoping to go shopping. We’d like to meet back at the ship for lunch and then go to Megan’s Bay for a couple hours. I know I asked a lot of questions. Guess I like to plan (: and would like to know ahead of time if my plan will work. Thanks in advance for any help you can give us!

You do NOT tender and that time of day the traffic can be bad getting to the ship. You won't be the only one moored there. 3000 X 3 = alot of people.

Bob

Archived