Need Info on St. Thomas

vicki sue

We're going to be arriving in St. Thomas on the Destiny. Is St. Thomas a tendered port? How far from the cruise ship is shopping? Is it within walking distance?

We are supposed to be back on the ship by 5:00. Is getting a taxi by 4:00 to go back to the ship from Megan’s Bay cutting it too close with traffic? Is it easy to catch a taxi at Megan Bay?

My husband is going to scuba dive in the morning. I’m hoping to go shopping. We’d like to meet back at the ship for lunch and then go to Megan’s Bay for a couple hours. I know I asked a lot of questions. Guess I like to plan (: and would like to know ahead of time if my plan will work. Thanks in advance for any help you can give us!

We're going to be arriving in St. Thomas on the Destiny.

Is St. Thomas a tendered port? No tender you will be at a dock 99% of the time I don't think I've ever seen a Carnival ship tender

How far from the cruise ship is shopping? Is it within walking distance? Yes if you shop in Havensite and skip downtown which I suggest i think there are better stores in Havensight

We are supposed to be back on the ship by 5:00. Is getting a taxi by 4:00 to go back to the ship from Megan’s Bay cutting it too close with traffic? Is it easy to catch a taxi at Megan Bay? Very easy to catch a taxi I would say an hour is fine even with traffic.

My husband is going to scuba dive in the morning. Tell him to use Blue Island Divers www.blueislanddivers.com they will pick him up and drop him off at the cruiseship dock. Very simple and they go with less than 6 people as opposed to the cattle boats the cruiseship recommends. He will be back by 12ish they do a wreck and a reef.

I’m hoping to go shopping. We’d like to meet back at the ship for lunch and then go to Megan’s Bay for a couple hours. I know I asked a lot of questions. Guess I like to plan (: and would like to know ahead of time if my plan will work. Thanks in advance for any help you can give us!

If you get on the ship by 12 and then leave by 1 get to magens by 2 ish it will work but it seems like alot of running around and expense for 2 hours at the beach as it will cost you ALOT of money $4 per person to get into the beach plus the taxi ride which is roughly $15 roundtrip per person so that adds up fast

Archived